We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tanning my pasty white self

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Washington
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Tanning my pasty white self

Being for good old rainy Washington, getting a real tan can be a task. We are going to Cabo in November, so can i expect to come home looking like I just got back fomr vacation? Hope so!

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tanning my pasty white self

noelle,

Cabo has more days of sunshine than almost anyplace with an average of 360 days, so i think youll come home a bronze goddess. Buena Suerte........ jim

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tanning my pasty white self

As one of those pasty white Washingtonians that go to CSL in late November, I assure you that you will look very bronzed when you get home.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,371 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tanning my pasty white self

Just be careful, as you can easily burn in Nov. I tan easily, yet always start with a sun screen the first couple of days! Especially if there is a little breeze-you don't realize how intense the sun still is!

Temecula, CA
Level Contributor
187 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Tanning my pasty white self

Don't forget to bring a lip protector. There's nothing worse than getting blisters on your lips :( You may want to go to a tanning salon a few time before to get a little base. They are very popular is So Cal, don't know if they have them in your area but there's one every 2 blocks in our town.

Washington
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tanning my pasty white self

thank you all! I feel good knowing that I will have color when i get home. And getting a little base tan first sounds like a great idea. I'll make sure to do that! Thanks everyone! November can't come soon enough.

st paul, mn
Level Contributor
3,754 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Tanning my pasty white self

being from that cold north, we definitely build a base at tanning booths first, start early enough and choose your type for less harmful rays. Others with us did not and used sun block but they did not tan the pasty white out. Old recipes a little Iodine and baby oil, olive oil, just baby oil, all the good stuff sold today and when down in cabo check out the turtle oil-no longer made with turtle oil but part is shark oil. very moisturizing depends on smell.