We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Day Expedition for Fam of 4 Recommended?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
The South (of the...
Level Contributor
470 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
One Day Expedition for Fam of 4 Recommended?

What are the very best excursion(s) to take in Cabo?

Got a Fam of 4 - Kids are 10 & 12 - Going to be in on a Cruise for 1 Day.

It will be August ---- so nothing deathly HOT - such as fourwheeling in the desert.

And they do NOT like Snorkeling Nor Scuba. And I'm not taking them shopping! ;)

Of the usual excursions - what do you think our family would enjoy most? Thanks for your recs!

Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
844 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: One Day Expedition for Fam of 4 Recommended?

Just spend the day at Medano Beach. Anything you do will be hot in august, so spend the day under an umbrella with a cold drink in hand. Really, if you don't want to scuba or snorkle, shop, or do an ATV tour, won't have time for fishing, there isn't much else to do. Maybe the zipline?

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One Day Expedition for Fam of 4 Recommended?

Don't know what the age limit is on parasailing, but you can get that at Medano Beach as well as jet skiis, banana boat rides, water taxi excursion around the arch. Otherwise if you don't want to wander the street and see the little shops and eat at the small restaurants off the beaten path...Medano Beach it is

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
2,538 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One Day Expedition for Fam of 4 Recommended?

I agree with Kate and attilla, head for Medano beach.

Take a water taxi from the cruise ship drop off.

You can eat, drink, swim, relax, watch people, and find lots of activities like the bannana boat ride, parasailing, waverunners, ...

You should also check these sites for some ideas - http://www.caboticket.com/ and http://www.cabo-adventures.com/index.htm

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,143 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One Day Expedition for Fam of 4 Recommended?

I love spending the day on Medano beach! The kids will have lots of fun there.

I would also take a glass bottom boat tour out around the arch. We have usually found a boat by walking around the marina. It should be about $10 per person.

Oregon
Level Contributor
434 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One Day Expedition for Fam of 4 Recommended?

Another option is driving out to Los Cerritos. You can just spend time on the beach and play in the ocean or sign the kids up for surf lessons and watch them while you sip your margarita!

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One Day Expedition for Fam of 4 Recommended?

I don't think the time off a cruise ship would work for Cerritos Beach...but it is wonderful out there.

I'm not sure, you might have time to fit in a dolphin swim (pricey) while you are in town. You might check into that.

7. Re: One Day Expedition for Fam of 4 Recommended?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 am, September 24, 2009