We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Review

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Texas
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Review

Had a great stay at the Riu. I had room 4068 and a double wide balcony that overlooked the ocean and Land's End. Rooms were very, very nice. Maids were excellent, although some days they ran a little late getting the room cleaned ( no big deal). Fridge was stocked every day. Buffet was good for lunch and breakfast. We didn't eat at the reservation required places for dinner. We ate in town. Absolutely LOVED Pancho's and La Golondrina ( trailer park ). THis is a fast post for I am in catch up mode back at work today. Any questions I can answer about the Riu I would be glad to answer, just might be patient for my reply. It might take 5 minutes, might take a day until I get this mountain of paper work off my desk! LOL Long story short, besides having to stay in line for dinner reservations, don't put alot of stock in the complaints for the Riu. PARMAN

Riverside...
Level Contributor
184 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Trip Review

YM

Thanks for the information we are looking forward to coming down. I am also looking foward to Panchos for the tequilas sampling as you have suggested in other correspondance. Gracias por todo Ray

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Trip Review

rsauce,

Gracias, y el placer es toda mina. si puedo ayudar en cualquier otra manera que yo me ser��a encantado. Buena Suerte....... jim

San Diego...
Level Contributor
400 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Trip Review

Panchos is my favorite! Par, so glad you had a good time...did you do anything romantic? Did you eat at Enriques?

We had a double wide balcany room#4086, freaky!

Amanda

Texas
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Trip Review

AC , weird we had the same room! I transposed mine. The most romantic meal we had was candle light on the beach at sunset in a cabana @ PBR Cilantros. The trailre park was out of this world too. Par

San Diego...
Level Contributor
400 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Trip Review

Par,

That is weird! Did you mind being above the disco? I thought the trade off was fine. We like the air conditioner on at night, so we closed the slider anyway. But, the view was awesome! And, we spent tons of time on our veranda. I only wish Geraldo would be able to pass up drinks from the lobby bar to us...couldn't get that figured out...but, close!

Amanda

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Trip Review

Parman-

How did you arrange the dinner at PB Rose? Did you just make reservations, do they normally do dinners int heprivate cabanas? Or is it something that you have to arracge with the concierge? Thanks.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Trip Review

Amanda,

I didn't mind the disco. I was dog tired when we hit the hay any way. I normally wake up around 2 or three and would go open the door and let the ocean air and sound of the surf in for the rest of the morning. Great room!

crysns, I emailed their website and got the ball rolling on this meal. I picked out the whole meal and had them get my wife flowers as well. I told her we were going down stairs for a buffet dinner and we got in a taxi instead and went to this dinner. She was blown away and the food was pretty good.

Parman

Texas
5 posts
Save Reply
28. Re: Trip Review

What's the possibility of fishing for tuna and marlin on the same day? Can you spend a few hours marlin fishing and then if the luck is bad follow up with some tuna/dorado so as not to end up with nothing?

Texas
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Trip Review

The week I was there, the fish were WAY OUT in the Pacific and the Marlin were WAY OUT in the Sea of Cortez. I had to make my decision before we left the marina. But I don't "think" it's usually that way. I just went on the tail end of a weird fishing month in Cabo. I bet the yachtdude can tell you more.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
30. Re: Trip Review

Hola,

weather patterns and water patterns have been abnormal and the fishing has been unpredictable but i expect it to normalize. Yes you can catch Marlin and Tuna in the same day and in fact we have caught them at the same time. I hope you have a wonderful time in Los Cabos. Buena Suerte..... jim

Mentioned in this post
Los Cabos
Los Cabos
Baja California Sur, Mexico