We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aero California Airlines SUCK!!!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Aero California Airlines SUCK!!!

This was the worst flight ever! Thanks to them I got to spend 4.5 hours in a mexican airport for my delayed plane and it was after all the food and beverage places closed for the evening. Then once we got into LAX it took about 25 min. to taxi to the gate with the A/C shut off. And then once at the gate we were unable to deplane for half an hour with no explenation from the flight staff. Someone finally hollered from the front that they couldn't get the door open! By this time with no air it was very hot, nauseating and claustorphobic. Once the plane door was opened the flight attendant had a man arrested for getting upset at the situation. We all felt his pain. There were no apologies. I will chalk this up to a learning experience...Hope no one else has to learn the hard way! My advice pay $50 more to fly a reputable company.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,014 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aero California Airlines SUCK!!!

Aero Cal. may occasionally be the least expensive, but as you point out-not always the best deal. It is really too bad they have continued to disappoint passengers.

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Aero California Airlines SUCK!!!

cjo925,

good advice. sometimes a bargain comes with its own penalty. Sorry you had this experience. So how about your stay in Los Cabos? better than the flight i imagine(hope)? Buena Suerte.. jim

California
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Aero California Airlines SUCK!!!

I had a wonderful time in Cabo, I went with my best friend and we are both in our mid-20's, so we were well entertained by El Squid Roe in the evenings and enjoyed swimming and laying out during the day. We stayed at the Rose, it was amazing and I highly recommend it. The only downer of the trip was the flight home. It's too bad, because our trip really was flawless other than that. I have lot's of great memories of Cabo. I can't wait to go again, but I think it made my boyfriend worry...

Goleta, CA>
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Aero California Airlines SUCK!!!

I'm not defending Aero California in any way, because I flew them my first time to Cabo and it was not the best experience, but in August of last year I went with 4 of my friends on Mexicana. After arriving at the gate to depart from LAX, they had us board a shuttle bus, and we stood on the bus for 45 minutes before it finally took us to the plane. Once we got on the plane, they served the "free" beer to the first few rows and then "ran out"! It was not a good thing.

My brother flew Alaska and had his flight canceled once he was at LAX. So, they put everyone on a bus, drove them to San Diego and dropped them at a hotel for the night to catch a morning flight out of SD. Big drag when you paid for you room and had reservations! Some airlines just blow!

Cabogal

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,014 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aero California Airlines SUCK!!!

Please bear in mind that it is not always the airline's choice either. If there is a mechanical problem, they may need to locate another plane-or, if the delay puts the flight crew over their time, they will have to call in another crew-not always a fast fix. Unfortunately, Aero Calif. seems to get more complaints than most, but then, they usually have the cheapest fares, so it's a "take your chances" sort of thing.

California
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Aero California Airlines SUCK!!!

The Aero California flight attendants were down right rude to the passengers. We had no idea what was going on and the attitude in response to questions asked was very negative. It was a late flight and I question whether or not they would have put us up somewhere or reimbursed us at all if the flight was unable to go until the next day. It is a small airline and I think people should be aware that you are not saving money in the long run because time is money. I lost half a day of work the next day because of all the delays. I'm a big fan of saving money, but flying Aero California was not worth it.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,014 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aero California Airlines SUCK!!!

Please write to them! Detail your experience-dates, flts., etc. Also, you might want to consider writing to some of the industry publications-things like Travel Age West. It may do absolutely no good, but it might alert others to the treatment your recieved. There is no excuse for being treated poorly, on top of everything else. Things can go wrong, but you certainly don't need to be treated horribly on top of it! You should let Aero Calif. know you will also be writing to the major newspapers in the LA and Arizona areas. I wish you well my friend.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
1,939 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aero California Airlines SUCK!!!

I had a bad experience with Alaska in Cabo, oversold could not get on the plane. They got me a reservation in La Paz for the next day. When I got to La Paz there was no reservation and all flights were full. Aero Calafornia put me on stand by and got me home, very good customer service.

America West, plane broke had to stay over night in Phoenix. This kind of thing happens but I had to stand in line for 3 hours to get my hotel.

American Airline, gave my wife food poisoning on the way to Cabo. I had to get her a doctor for this one.

My final conclusion is that they all suck. If you want to do something about it you need to write everything down as it happens and then write the airline.

Sitting in the airplane in LAX that arrives from Mexico is very common, happens to me at least half the time. I booked Aero California for July, then found out that Aero Mexicana flys out of Onterio to Cabo. I guessing that flying out of Onterio would be alot better experience and I will try that next time.

Temecula, CA
Level Contributor
187 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Aero California Airlines SUCK!!!

Craig,

We fly out of Ontario all the time. It is much less congested and the lines much quicker than LAX or San Diego. Cross my fingers, no problems yet. I'm flying out of Ontario to Cabo July 3rd!