We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from Villa Del Palmar Sat evening

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Save Topic
Just returned from Villa Del Palmar Sat evening

Hello everyone, I thought I would give my two cents in on our vacation to Cabo. We were there from June 4-11th and stayed at the VDP. We had a large group of us 14 in all including a 18month old.

Traveling:

We flew Frontier, had no major problems with them. Only small issue with paying for toddler to enter into Mexico, they charged us 12 dollars, we figured small price to pay since she was sitting on our laps. All flights were on time.

VDP:

We originally had room 1507 but switched with in-laws as this was facing the pool and ocean and we found out that it was very loud with the games and nightly activities they held. We ended up in room 1624, nice view of the ocean and the RIU.

My only complaint was there was no hair dryer, luckily, I took my own. Room was always kept clean, however the maids came in while I had the privacy please sign up and woke my daughter up during one of her naps.

Eating:

We ate at the hotels Mexican night on Monday, food was pretty decent, no complaints. Entertainment was good, fun to watch the intoxicated people walk a pole over the pool for a bottle of tequila. They have good wood fired pizza $15 med and $20 large. The Deli is also a good place to get sandwiches for lunch, my husband and I shared one and had enough for both.

VDP also has a market on Tuesday, if you have a gold card, you get 20% off everything, we stocked up.

Enriques, one night was good also, $10 for steak and lobster or shrimp, ribs, chicken, not a bad deal and definatly one of the cheaper meals we had all week.

Pueblo Bonita Rose dinner by the ocean was good but very expensive, you ordered ala cart then they had an all you can eat salad bar and desert bar included.

The office, we ate there on Thursday. Make shure you have reservations, we made them on Sunday for Thurs night, and we saw them turn a couple away while we were waiting. The food was very good, however the atmosphere was strange, the two bars along side of it were very loud and we could not hear much. They finally quieted down and it became better.

Recreation:

We mostly laid out by the pool and my daughter definatly loved the baby pool, we could not get her out of it.

Parasailing, most of my party went, we booked it thru the hotel and got a discount from them with the gold card. FYI they charge $5 if you just want to go out on the boat and watch or take pictures. Everyone had a great time and were up an appropriate amout of time for the money.

ATV: thru Baja, so much fun we had 8 of us go, started out bad with the bus they picked us up in, it stalled numererous times on the way there, luckily started everytime. We were there for at least 4 hrs for about $43. Our guide was great showing us all the animals we came across and not going too fast. The mountains were great then we went down to the beach, he let us go out by ourselves for about and hour and a half, we could also get off the bikes and walk along the sand. We had a great time but got really dirty, was worth it.

Shopping: We found some great bargins in town, make shure you barter with the locals as we found they will come down considerably with their prices. We also found that when leaving, the airport duty free shops had the best prices for alcohol, $30 Crown Royal for the 1.75 bottle and $9 Kalua.

All in all we had a great trip, the VDP was close enough to town if you wanted to walk. Taxis we found were about 2-2.50 per person. On the last day we went to town we tried the bus, perfectly fine and only 6pesos to ride wish we found them sooner. My daughter had a great time in the pools and took the best naps she has ever taken there, only wish that would last now that we are back.

Overall we definatly will go back, but be more prepared for the outragious prices of food there.

Thanks to everyone on this forum as it was a huge help in deciding things that we did while there.

Gracias

Phoenix az
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Just returned from Villa Del Palmar Sat evening

Thanks for the report--we're headed to the VDP 01 July---we're also early risers, so early to bed. We've reserved a Jr Suite (?) with an Ocean view, I wonder what I ask for so we don't have the noise problem?

Save Reply
2. Re: Just returned from Villa Del Palmar Sat evening

Phx,

You most definatly want to stay away from the pool side of the VDP, it is the most loud, during the day they had games in the middle pool, and at night they had their entertainment dinners, and these can be really loud and last till 10ish or later.

The walls are not the most soundproof also, we could hear the partiers come in at night, as most of the rooms, (we were in a 2 bdrm suite) are along the hallway, and seem to be paper thin.

I am shure if you have a problem with the room, the VDP attendants will take care of you, everytime we went to them needing something ie: babybed, highchair, they were there within the hour. They seem to really try to help you.

Have fun, wish we were still there