We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

booked on orbitz, now i am worried

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
st louis
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
booked on orbitz, now i am worried

hello,

I booked a honeymoon trip for my fiance' and I for august 23rd thru the 27th through orbitz. are the chances very good theat i will be transferred somewhere else? meaning, is it more than a 50/50 chance? If i am to fet transferred, would tipping a manager help me stay at dreams? Thanks for any info you may have.

Los Cabos
2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: booked on orbitz, now i am worried

Hi Isit, Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Dreams is not a timeshare resort and it is, in my opionion, the most beautiful and romantic of all of the all inclusive resorts. They don't sell time shares, so don't worry about that.

Honeymooners are VIPS to hotels around the World - if well treated, the often return for important anniversaries and later with their children; so essentially, they are very important to vacation resorts. Often, you'll get an upgrade if you take a copy of the marriage certificate.

On a seven night package at Dreams - honeymooners receive amazing extra concessions such as flower petals on the bed upon arrival, a private beachfront dinner, honeymoon cake, breakfast in bed, etc., etc.

Hope you have a wonderful honeymoon.

Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: booked on orbitz, now i am worried

Cabolocal,

This is totally off subject but how long have you lived in Cabo?

marciescout

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: booked on orbitz, now i am worried

A couple of you mentioned that you received e-mail confirmations from Dreams... I also booked via a web-portal and share your concerns about being bumped. What e-mail address did you use to contact Dreams? I tried the info@dreamsloscabos address from their website on Saturday, but haven't had a response yet? I'm leaving June 29 and looking forward to it.

Thanks,

Brad

Redding, Ca
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: booked on orbitz, now i am worried

Cabolocal, we just returned from Dreams and they do sell timeshares, we purchased one on our trip! It is a lovely place.

Ohio
Level Contributor
79 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: booked on orbitz, now i am worried

I would try emailing them at the email address on their web page again. I think they might have a few different people monitoring their emails because I actually received two responses from them. It made me feel a lot better knowing that my reservation was confirmed with them. Good luck - I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time!

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: booked on orbitz, now i am worried

marciescout,

I know you are seeking information about living in Los Cabos. About a month or two ago i sent you at least 20 links to info. as well as several e-mails about this. When i get to a place where icn re-send this i wil.. untill then, Buena Suerte... jim

Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: booked on orbitz, now i am worried

Hi Jim,

Don't worry about resending. I didn't realize that I gave you my personal AOL email address instead of my work email and did receive the links. Very helpful I must say.

Are you living in Cabo now? Will you been in the area the first part of July by chance?

Gracias,

Marciescout

Orinda, California
Level Contributor
3 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: booked on orbitz, now i am worried

I have used Orbitz, Travelocity and Expedia several times to book vacation packages, airline tickets or hotel stays. Never a problem.

We have also booked Dreams (through Orbitz) for September. Given the disparate reviews it was tough to decide whether to take the chance. However, most of the reviews were positive with some highly negative reviews scattered throughout. I am beginning to believe it has alot to do with the person. For example, we stayed at the Westin Kierland Resort in Scottsdale in June. We had a wonderful stay. We have seen negative reviews since returning.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17,856 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: booked on orbitz, now i am worried

I've used Orbitz many times, it is a very reputable online booking facility. No one should have any worries at all by booking via Orbitz.