We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1/2 or full day fishing?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Topic
1/2 or full day fishing?

I'm trying to decide if we want to do a half day or full day of fishing. My thought was to do the half day early in the week and if we love it book another full day later. But I don't want to do a half day if it's a waste since I've heard it takes about an hour to get out to the fishing spots. Can anyone help?

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 1/2 or full day fishing?

tamgirl,

The cost of a half day and a full day are not really that different and you significantly lessene you opportunity for success. As far as the running time to the fishing grounds it depends on many variables. I have boated Marlin 1/2 mile from the surf break, other times i have run 3 hours. The water temperature, availability of bait, tide wind etc. all play a role . If you have transportation you might consider going on a panga whic is much less expensive. Buena Suerte.. jim

Duluth, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
5,159 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1/2 or full day fishing?

I agree, the full day is the way to go. I've had many days out when the bite was "on" for part of the day and the rest of the time was spent hoping. Cover your bases and do the full day, it always goes too fast anyway.

Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 1/2 or full day fishing?

Thanks...since the full days end around 2-3ish anyways we've decided to go ahead and do that. Now if we can just narrow down who we're going to go with. We're deciding between Redrum, Solmar and Pisces...tough choice!

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 1/2 or full day fishing?

tamgirl,

all of the charter companies you mentioned are good ones. Buena Suerte... jim