We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi/Bus to Super Mercado or Costco

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Wyckoff, New Jersey
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi/Bus to Super Mercado or Costco

I am leaving in a few weeks and since I will be down there for about 2 weeks, I want to get a few groceries & water to save some $$. For the first part of my trip, I will be staying at the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar and my question to all of you very wise travelers is what is the closet grocery store and how do I get there by taxi or bus from the Sheraton? I am not planning on renting a car.

Thanks for your response to this question & all of the other great advice you have posted on this site. It has assisted me in planning my wedding in Cabo and my honeymoon!

oregon
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi/Bus to Super Mercado or Costco

The last time I stayed at the Hacienda Del Mar they had a shuttle (approximate $10.00 round trip per person) that went into Cabo several times per day. We took it into town one day. It dropped us off in front of the Hard Rock Cafe and then picked us up in the same location at a certain time. This was 3 years ago so things may have changed. We went to the Super Mercado and brough our groceries back on the shuttle. It worked out quit well. If I remember correctly it seemed like it was quite a walk from the Hacienda Del Mar (which is okay if you are in shape and do not mine the excercise) to get out to the highway to flag down a bus?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
227 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi/Bus to Super Mercado or Costco

We always stay at the Sheraton and have loaded up on supplies a couple of ways. The first couple of years we took the shuttle or a taxi into town and shopped at the market. Since we discovered Costo, we have either taken a taxi cab to and from Costco, or you can rent a car from the Sheraton for the day. I think the cost was $50ish (last year) for the day rental. It worked for us, because we shopped, put everything in the trunk, then drove next door to Latitude 22, spent some quality time on the deck watching the world go by, and didn't have to worry about lugging the groceries with us. I was a little nervous about driving in Cabo at first, but have no problem with it now. I think you'll enjoy the Sheraton - the staff there is great. We'll be down the first week of July and can't wait! Have a great trip!

oregon
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi/Bus to Super Mercado or Costco

RemoteControl,

Staying at the Fiesta Americana Grand this time. Do you know if you can walk the beach from there to the Hacienda Del Mar. Photos appear to be very rocky?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
227 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi/Bus to Super Mercado or Costco

CC - I can't say that we've attempted the walk, but I've been told by other tourists at the Sheraton that it can be done. Have you ever stayed at the Fiesta before? We always say we're going to try someplace different and always end up back at the Sheraton!!

Wyckoff, New Jersey
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi/Bus to Super Mercado or Costco

Remote:

Thank you for your assistance. How much (approx.) is the cab ride and can you catch a cab outside Costco for the ride back. Being from the NYC area, I am not sure if the cab will wait for you while you shop - plus I really don't want to pay for the cab to wait for me.

I really don't want the responsibility of renting a car in Mexico.

Thanks!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
227 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi/Bus to Super Mercado or Costco

I wouldn't ask the taxi to wait for you, either. I don't think it would be too hard to find a cab back. Lots of us good tourists hit Cabo and I've always seen a cab around. If not, walk down to the street and you'll most likely find one passing by. Latitude 22 is next door to Costco, and there is usually a cab dropping off up there. The taxi ride should cost $15-$20, I think.