We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report and Solmar review

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Idaho
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report and Solmar review

Tripadvisor posted my Solmar review, so I'll paste it in here as well. Thanks to all who provided info before the trip - it definitely helped. Feel free to ask questions.

--------------

My wife and I stayed at Solmar May 21-28 thru an RCI exchange. We are mid-30s, and have been to Mazatlan and the Bahamas, but I would not consider us to be "well-traveled." We left our 3 small kids at home, so we were looking for a nice, quiet place to relax, and a base to get out and explore the area. We found the Solmar to be just about perfect for our needs. We were in a one bedroom condo unit. Since we like to eat a lot of our meals in, even on vacation, I would have preferred a full size kitchen, but the mini-kitchen was adequate. The whirlpool in the bathroom was a nice convenience, but it took a looooooong time to warm up. The resort staff and maid service were excellent. We really enjoyed the Saturday evening fiesta. The grounds were always clean and we very much enjoyed the pool areas. I used the fitness room a few times - it has a treadmill, stationary bike, and a stair-machine, dumbells to 50 lbs, and a few weight machines - not great, but it was adequate.

Other than lounging on our patio and by the pools, we hiked over the rocks to Lovers Beach twice. We walked into town, which only took 15 minutes or so. We rented a car for the week, and spent a day visiting the East Cape (Cabo Pulmo), and another day in/around Todos Santos, mostly to spend some quiet time on the more-remote beaches - at San Pedrito, we were the only ones on the entire beach! On the way back from Todos Santos, we had great drinks and guacamole at Art & Beer, as we took in the view from the roof. We also enjoyed a sunset cruise with La Princessa and the Thursday fiesta at The Office.

While Solmar worked out great for us, I think that somebody expecting a Four Seasons, or even Hilton, level of luxury and service would be disappointed. That's the only reason I rated it 4 stars instead of 5. The room and grounds were nice, really nothing that I would consider special, but the resort more than made up for it w/ the location. We would definitely return, and have recommended Solmar to several of our family and friends who travel.

Fitchburg...
Level Contributor
653 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Trip Report and Solmar review

great, looking forward to them! Thanks again!