We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costco

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
california
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Costco

Where is the Costco located?

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Costco

irish,

Costco is a couple of miles from downtown Cabo on the way to SJD. Saludos... jim

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
california
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Costco

Thanks... i know the way to San Jose. Irish1

Mentioned in this post
San Jose
San Jose
California
Idaho
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Costco

This map shows the location of Costco:

http://loscabosguide.com/maps/corridor-1.htm

It's on the side of the road away from the ocean, toward Cabo San Lucas from the PEMEX.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Idaho
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Costco

BTW - our first stop after getting the rental car was at Costco. It was just like the one here, except that we were a bit surprised to find that it not only sell hard alcohol, but in fact one of the store demos that day was Tequila! So our first shot of Tequila in Cabo was at Costco!

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
california
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Costco

Now, I have heard it all... demo shots of tequila at your local Costco.

leaving on Thursday. will return next Wednesday and post about our stay, fishing and all, if we are not tooooo relaxed. Irish1

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Costco

irish,

how can you beat a place with a beer outlet within sight of the airport and demo shots of Tequila at a discount store. I love Cabo! Who are you fishing with? Buena Suerte......... jim

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
NY
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Costco

yaghtmerchant.........hey its norz from NY! just wanted to let you know we booked the trip at hacienda beach resort......thanks so much for all you help and knoledge in finding the right hotel for us. So its wise to go to the costco....to stock up on some things beverages etc.? and do all stores require pesos? or both?

Idaho
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Costco

Norz,

We stocked up at Costco on bottled water, juice, wine, and some steaks for our 7 day stay. Costco in Cabo accepts pesos and dollars, and even takes credit cards, unlike in the US. After going to Costco, we then went to CCC (super-market/dept. store on the road toward Todos Santos) to buy stuff we needed in smaller quantities.

If/when we do it again, I think we'll just skip Costco and go straight to CCC, as we ended up with too much of the stuff we bought at Costco, except for the water, and I don't think the prices at CCC were much different from Costco. CCC also had a great deli section for cheeses, meat, salsas, mole, etc.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Todos Santos
Todos Santos
Baja California Sur, Mexico
San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Costco

Does CCC take credit cards as well? How much $ for a cab ride to Costco or CCC from Playa Grande? Or is there another way to get there if we're not renting a car.

Mentioned in this post
Playa Grande Resort
Playa Grande Resort
4,112 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Idaho
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Costco

CCC also accepts credit cards.

I would expect that a cab to CCC would cost less than a cab to Costco, but I don't know the amounts because we rented a car. You also should be able to take the bus to CCC or Costco from the marina, which is a short walk from the Playa Grande.

Mentioned in this post
Playa Grande Resort
Playa Grande Resort
4,112 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico