We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

This Towel/chair saving thing sounds annoying

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Fitchburg...
Level Contributor
653 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
This Towel/chair saving thing sounds annoying

I get that if your in the pool, that you want to keep your chair, but when your not even at the pool.....I'm not really cool with that. But it sounds like its the norm in Cabo.....too bad the hotels dont step up and put up signs saying its not allowed...

KatD, you mentioned it also was being done at the Solmar, and of course I am more curious about there , as it is where we are going.....I'm not getting up at 6:30am during vacation just to "save" a chair, that I may or may not use during the day....how bad was it there, is it going to be impossible to get a chair in the afternoon?

Fitchburg...
Level Contributor
653 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: This Towel/chair saving thing sounds annoying

here here KatD ! Excellent idea......I always love showing people that I can be the "bigger" person........

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
52. Re: This Towel/chair saving thing sounds annoying

Hola,

now arguing the posession of the "fighting Chair' is another thing all together! Saludos...... jim

California
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
1 review
Save Reply
53. Re: This Towel/chair saving thing sounds annoying

If I was unable to find a chair I would wait a bit and then choose a spot that had only towels on it. I would neatly fold the towels and put them nearby. If someone showed up for them shortly I would apologize and say I thought the seat was not taken because no one had been using it for quite some time. If they showed up three hours later I might say," I moved them here three hours ago" and just let them feel a bit sheepish and maybe they would suggest I just keep the seat.

I think walking around fuming and powerless, is not the choice for a happy vacation. We can't control others very well but we CAN control how we react. Don't let others ruin your vacation!

Eureka/Fortuna/Hydes...
Destination Expert
for Eureka
Level Contributor
277 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: This Towel/chair saving thing sounds annoying

LOL, I was not suggesting walking around and punching people out and taking their chairs. I was just referring to the earlier post where the guy got up to get a drink and this happened. That's just not right.

MK

Idaho
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: This Towel/chair saving thing sounds annoying

We returned yesterday from a week at Solmar, and we never had any problem finding chairs around the pools. Most days, we didn't get to the pool area until mid-afternoon, and there were still plenty of spaces. There also was plenty of room to sit at the swim up bars, although we had to wait for service a few times during happy hour (3 to 5), which was totally understandable.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,752 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
56. Re: This Towel/chair saving thing sounds annoying

Glad you had a good week there! Was it still chilly at night? We had no problems with chairs either, and I doubt that it will ever become a problem there! Was sorry to read your post about the lady's death. I can't remember where we were when I heard a lot of sirens-either the balcony-reading, or the middle pool I think. That must have been what it was. Very sad.

Idaho
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
57. Re: This Towel/chair saving thing sounds annoying

The wind made it very chilly at night, which affected my wife more than me. She even found it a bit chilly laying by the pool in the middle of the day if she wasn't directly in the sun. Fortunately, our unit's balconies were protected from the wind. The sunset cruise we took and dinner/fiesta at The Office both turned chilly, too, because of the wind. As for the accident, I can't confirm anything, just repeating what we heard from another visitor to the resort. When I heard about somebody drowning, I thought it was probably just an old rumor making its way around again, but unfortunately it sounds like another one.