We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing Charter

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
216 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing Charter

We are planning a family trip (all adults)in October.We would like a recomendation for a fishing charter also great condo or hotel nearby.We will not be there at the time of the Bisbee Fishing tourney,Thanks!

California
Level Contributor
2,827 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing Charter

Fishing inn October in Cabo....does it get any better than that??? NOPE! I personally reccommend The pisces & Solmar fleets. I have fished many times with each and have been pleased. Others here have used redrum. As far as location goes, I would reccommend the Playa grande if you are looking for an excellent hotel for relaxing close to town. If you are looking for a resort closer to activities and a swimmable beach, I would reccommend the Pueblo bonito rose on Medano beach. Both hotels are gorgeous with excellent service and both are walking distance into town. Both resorts are condo style with small kitchenettes (fridge, stove top, miccrowave, pots&pans, etc) You can't go wrong with either of these. For a fun extra fishing experience, I would advise taking a panga out of la playita (san jose) with gordo banks pangas run by an american Eric brichston. He runs a great outfit and the fish should be close to shore at that time.

Cabo_nut

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
216 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing Charter

Thanks ,sound great.Do we need to make reservations in advance for fishing?Can we book on the internet?

California
Level Contributor
2,827 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing Charter

It all depends...If there is a certain day you want to fish, I'd make reservations.....if you are flexible, you can wait til you get there. It is prime fishing season in Cabo so you may want to do some research and make a reservation to assure a boat.

Cabo_nut

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing Charter

lonestars,

october is when the Bisbee tournament is held and the place goes wild so you will want to check your dates. the price of everything goes up during the Bisbee tournaments. Suertre.......... jim

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
216 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fishing Charter

Thanks,we plan on coming before the tournament and catching all the big fish!Or at least one!

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Fishing Charter

lonestar,

good plan. Rock On! Saludos.... jim

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Fishing Charter

lonestar,

sorry for the double post. Do not wait until you get there to book your charter especially in Oct. As you are no doubt aware when i fish on Charter boats i fish with RedRum, many services/ good value. No matter who you elect to go with my advice would be to book as early as is possible. This is prime time and you dont want to lollygag around and take what you can get when you get there. Suerte....... jim

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
216 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fishing Charter

Will do,we are trying to secure the air now and I will make reservations,Thanks for your help!

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Fishing Charter

lonestar,

You are welcome ,and we all hope you have a memorable trip to Los Cabos. Suerte...... jim

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
2,170 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fishing Charter

If you are looking for a condo to rent go to www.vrbo.com. Check out the Terrasol condos, you can walk to the fishing dock and into town. Nice pool and beach but not a swimming beach.