We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CCC and City Club and Costco?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Tulsa, OK
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Save Topic
CCC and City Club and Costco?

Can someone help me understand what CCC stands for?

Is it City Club? Costco?

Also - do you have to buy in bulk at both of these stores?

Do either sell alcohol or alcoholic mixes?

Thanks!!!

Redmond, Washington
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CCC and City Club and Costco?

Don't know what CCC stands for, but it is a large grocery store.

City Club and Costco are both big-box warehouse stores which sell primarily in bulk. City Club seems to me to have more moderate-size packages. Both sell alcohol and mixes.

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: CCC and City Club and Costco?

aspears,

CCC= Centro Comercial Californiano . city club , sorrianos and ccc are all owned by the same company. costco is a u.s. company. some things are in bulk others are not. water, fruit, meat, snacks etc can be bought in reasonable amounts. yes they all sell alcohol. beer by the case cheap, wine, run, etc. Buena Suerte.......... jim

Montana
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: CCC and City Club and Costco?

Can someone tell me how to get to CCC and Soriano's from Terrasol by bus? Thanks

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,500 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CCC and City Club and Costco?

Just go to the bottom of the hill from Terrasol, cross the street and you can catch a bus. Just look for one that says CCC on it and you are set. They come by every few minutes. It will take about 25-30 min. to get there for 7 pesos. :-)

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
6,085 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CCC and City Club and Costco?

aspears - They are 3 different stores.

CCC - Large supermarket just north of town. Not bulk, huge selction.

City Club - In town near Medano Beach. Does sell bulk, you can buy a pass to shop there.

Costco - Just east of town and very much like Costco at home. Has both US and Mexican products, but you need to have your Costco card to get in.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
8,188 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: CCC and City Club and Costco?

If I had to choose between City Club and Costco, I'd go to Costco. I went to both this last trip and the Costco selection seemed far better. Just my opinion.

Unless there's more than one Sorianas, it's up Hwy 19. Right now, that road is all torn up as they are trying to widen it. However, Sorianas is my personal favorite place in Cabo to get stuff.

I haven't been to CCC in probably 6 years, so I probably shouldn't comment on it (we tend to only purchase groceries when we have kids with us). Was great the last time I was there, though.

There is also the Mega store... sort of like a Super K-Mart. Has everything from clothes to groceries. Prices are reasonable, and the selection is pretty good.

I know a lot of people like Arumburro (sp?), but they are so expensive, have a limited selection, and the produce and meat are often questionable, IMO. I have not had good luck there at all. It is very convenient, though, since it's walking distance from many resorts and located in the middle of town.

Redmond, Washington
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: CCC and City Club and Costco?

All three sell alcohol.

We go to City Club, since we can walk there and they seem to have smaller sizes than Costco. We stock up on water, cerveza, limes, etc. and buy fairly normal size containers of eggs and meat there. We usually have to cab home, even though it's only a few blocks.

We go to Aramburo for small sizes of condiments (mayo, olive oil) and that's about it.

Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
844 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: CCC and City Club and Costco?

I live in CSL and I think CCC is by far the best grocery store in this town. They have excellent produce, the widest selection of products, including a lot of stuff from the US, it's clean and the prices aren't bad. It never has the long lines at the cashiers that Sorianas does, the employees are helpful. I visit Costco about every other month to stock up on toilet paper, laundry soap, etc.

CCC is not owned by Sorianas but City Club is. I used to go to La Paz to shop at CCC before they built the store here. I won't spend one centavo at Aramburos, they spent years gouging the community and keeping out any competition.

Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
844 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: CCC and City Club and Costco?

Also I forgot to add, if the store has baggers, be sure and tip them. They do not get paid by the store and work for tips, only. I usually tip 10 to 15 pesos.

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
140 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: CCC and City Club and Costco?

Oh yeah, CCC is my fav too. I love the pastry section! I walk around with a silver tray and get one piece of all the chocolate stuff and some of the others too.