We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

additional sources for Los Cabo information

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Topic
additional sources for Los Cabo information

Hola,

we all want to learn more about this wonderful place. This forum is powerful to be sure but there are some additional resources available that may be of benefit to you. look at these links to see if some of the information you seek is there:

http://forums.bajanomad.com/index.php

http://www.vagabundos.com/index.htm

Saludos.......... jim

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,053 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: additional sources for Los Cabo information

Another good site is the Baja California Travelers Message Board:

http://math.ucr.edu/~ftm/bajaPages/MsgBoard/MsgBoard.html

NY
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: additional sources for Los Cabo information

Hey Jim....

Ive listened to your advice but can you tell me whats better staying at the hacienda for the beach......(becaue I dont want to be in the carziness of medano......... BUT is it mostly shady? I want a beach to be in the center.....or walking distance of the medano and the marina.........and have restrroms? what about the hilton? Ive heard there beach was tame also? hacienda or hilton?

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: additional sources for Los Cabo information

norz,

few beaches i know of outside of the orient and some south pacific isalnds are shaded. The Hacienda is a very good choice. Close to everything and beautiful grounds. Take a look at their web site. Sorry to be so breif but today was an as$ kicker. Suerte.... jim

NY
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: additional sources for Los Cabo information

I have found a good deal to stay at the fiesta americana grand? would you recommend it? By shade I just meant.....sometimes there are places on the beach to escape the sun.....like lil cabana huts.......and or some palm trees proving shade........thats what meant.......mostly resorts provide that I guess, hope you are feeling better today! thanks again jim!

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: additional sources for Los Cabo information

norz,

Thanks for your good wishes. Its not that i was feeling bad it was just one of those days when you needed a martini to get your priorities straight!

I think you will find that all of the major resorts will have beach umbrellas etc. either included or for rent. This property is on the Corridor. loscabosguide.com/hotels/fiesta-americana.htm Are you going to rent a car? Suerte....... jim

NY
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: additional sources for Los Cabo information

yes we may.(rent a car)......I think Ive narrowed it down now.....its just all going to depend on what the most inexpensive. Its either going to be the Hacienda.......that you suggested.......(is that the del mar..sheratin)? Or the fiesta Americana grande... I have to double check the hilton too.....some post on travel advisor that the beaches are unswimable......so want to make sure I can use the beach! May look into the estancia too.....Im trying to get the best deal......and yes you have been most helful.......and I have plenty of those MARTINI type days!lol

thanks

Norz

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: additional sources for Los Cabo information

norz,

if you end up on the Corridor and want to see all that is Los Cabos IMHO you will want a rental car. The Hacienda is virtually on the marina in Cabo, a few paces away and is on the best swimmable beach in Cabo but if you want to venture afield you would still want a car for a couple of days. Suerte...... jim

NY
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: additional sources for Los Cabo information

Thanks Jim.........and the Hacienda is the sheraton or is that a different hotel? I read on that magazine where to rent cars etc.........Okay good to know that the beach there will be useable. Im so excited I cant even stand it I just want to book it already.lol what does "suerte" mean?lol

Norz

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: additional sources for Los Cabo information

norz,

I am speaking of the Hotel Hacienda Beach Resort. It is on Medano Beach and staggering distance from everythin in Cabo. www.loscabosguide.com/hotels/hacienda.htm

We rent cars from Advantage though there are many others. They have always done right by us. Its best to book directly with them online and print out your confirmation to take with you. Remember to contact your credit card companies and tell them you will be traveling in Mexico and to expect charges from Mexico. This will avoid needless delays due to them putting a hold on your card if they see charges from a foreign country and can save you lots of Pesos on phone calls and lost time trying to sort it out while you are there. Suerte means LUCK! Since you are traveling to this wonderful place it is a good idea to learn some useful phrases in the native language. This will help you in many ways and it will go a long way in showing the folks there that you are sensitive and interested in their culture even if you butcher it as i usually do! I have found no matter where you travel in the world the people appretiate your attempt to know something of their language. Besides its Fun! Look at: http://www.go2cabos.com/ go to the "Spanish Helper" icon on the left of the page. I know you will have a wonderful trip to Los Cabos. Buena Suerte...... jim

NY
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: additional sources for Los Cabo information

Hola Jim!!!!!!

Yes I think I will recycle my old spanish and see what I can come up with!lol thanks again......for the hotel info Im sure youhave repeated it many times.......sorry for the rehash. The more I look the more I get confused! so now.......I have narrowed it down. I just want to make sure the hotel I pick, Ill be able to swin on the beach......I just dont want to be in too much of the craziness of what I heard medano beach is like...you know? I dont mind a few venders but I dont really want to be bombarded by them......and serious crowds. so now its down to Hacienda Beach resort, playa grande. they say they have good deals goin on there and you can get a4th nite free etc? I dont know.....but anyway...thanks for the car rental info. do you think we will will only need to rent that for a few days? I want to see todos santos etc.. would you advise my boyfriend to book the fishing before we go? Im not sure he can afford a charter himself......?

Suerte!!!!!!!!!