We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Biz jets in Cabo

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boise, ID
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Biz jets in Cabo

Hello Cabo regulars,

I will be piloting a private jet to Cabo soon and am wondering about where the parking is in relation to the pax terminal and if there are any ���gotcha��� we should be aware of regarding leaving our aircraft. I've read extensively from this forum and have received quite an education on the time share drill. Since I will be there for 5 days while the boss is ���on business", my wife is flying down commercially to join me. It happens to be our anniversary :-) She isn���t due in for several hours after me so I thought I���d stroll down to the terminal so that I can be accosted by the time share guys and troll for the best offer. Any thoughts?

We decided to stay at the Finisterra based on what we read here about the great location, views, quiet beach, awesome pool, etc. One thing we would like to do is the horseback riding on the beach but haven���t seen many folks list this as a positive. Any good experiences or are they all glue-on-shoes? Thank you!

Boise, ID
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Biz jets in Cabo

What is up with the boxes instead of apostropes and quotes?

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
263 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Biz jets in Cabo

eTripTrader-I'm not a Cabo regular, but we did fly by private jet into Cabo. We didn't know what to expect , but found the private terminal to be a very busy place with nice facilities.

We encountered no problems at all. Our pilots did fly back that same afternoon, because the next day was Easter. There were alot of jets parked there that weekend. Hope this helps a little.

Boise, ID
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Biz jets in Cabo

Brentwoodmom- Thanks for the info! Do you know how far that is from the pax terminal?

KatD, Yachtmerchant or any other Cabo high timer- Do you have any suggestions regarding trolling at the airport for the best time share offer? We won't be purchasing, just looking for a round of golf, day at the spa, nice dinner, etc.

Also, does anyone have any experience with the Red Rose Riding Stables? Thanks!

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Biz jets in Cabo

eTrip,

Forget the riding stables, the horses are nags and stable worn. As far as trolling for the best timeshare dividends IMHO i would stow this, i dont want a precious minute of my time in Los Cabos to be devoted to anything but hedonistic delights! If however you want to play the field you can start a feeding frenzy by openly announcing your intentions (thinly veiled as an interest in purchase) and toss the offer out for bids among the LandSharks at the air terminal. This can be a soprt in and of itself. No doubt you will get some free golf or rental car time or fishing charters etc. Its just not the way i personally want to expend my energy while there. Hope you have a wonderful time! Saludos.. jim

Boise, ID
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Biz jets in Cabo

Thank you, Yachtmerchant.

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Biz jets in Cabo

eTrip,

you are more than welcome! Are you going to rent a car while your in Los Cabos?....... Saludos. jim

Boise, ID
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Biz jets in Cabo

Yachtmerchant,

Since we are staying at the Finisterra, there doesn't seem the need for a rental car. Everything we need is right there or a short walk away so we will just take the Transcabo transfer to the hotel. Cheers!

Tom

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Biz jets in Cabo

eTrip,

Cool! I hope you have a wonderful experience in Cabo. Saludos.... jim

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,042 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Biz jets in Cabo

Etrip, like YM says, there will be no shortage of offers for timeshares. They all congregate near the exit from either terminal. My advice, though, is to stay away from the Mayan Palace (new players in CSL) operatives. They are known throughout Mexico as highly aggressive and unscrupulous.

California
Level Contributor
2,779 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Biz jets in Cabo

If you are going to "troll" for timeshare deals, do it downtown while taking a leisurely walk beer in hand. There are plenty of timeshare sharks to give you deals "too good to be true". LOL

Cabo_nut