We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather link

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Temecula, CA
Level Contributor
187 posts
1 review
Save Topic
weather link

For those of you on the way just thought I'd share this link with live weather info. www.allaboutcabo.com

Happy traveling and may the sun shine bright for you!

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: weather link

momo,

here is the mother of all weather links:http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/current/MMSD.html

suerte........ jim

Spokane Valley...
Level Contributor
943 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather link

Here is the link to the Weather Channel's Cabo weather with a 10 day forcast. Lookin downright wonderful for the next 10 days. Cheers to all who will be there.

weather.com/outlook/travel/local/MXBS0135…

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: weather link

Caborat,

Thanks this is a good link, and i look at it often. You know that all of the forcasting that is posted there comes from NOAA, thats why i have always defered to them as my source when running offshore or going on holiday. Suerte. jim

Spokane Valley...
Level Contributor
943 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather link

YM,

Is there a good way to forcast the seas for fishing. My Bro-in-law does not do well in bad seas and it would be great to get an idea what to expect before setting up a charter.

Terry

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: weather link

CaboRat,

It is difficult to accurately predict the ocean conditions. There are so many variables. Here in the U.S. we have real-time information from stationary bouy reports etc. from NOAA. This kind of detailed forcasting is not so obtainable for Mexican or other foreign destinations. You can look at caboweather.com and look throughout the link i gave for NOAA

if your brother -in -law is prone to motion sickness i would advise that he consult his Doc. about getting Scapolomine. This is a prescription drug which was developed for NASA for the shuttle astronauts for motion sickness, which is basically a inner-ear thing.This is a transdermal application which you put behind your ear(looks like a little round band-aid), and i last for 3 days and you can swin,dive,shower, while wearing it. There are some other common sense things that you can do to prohibit or at least decrease the chances of this plague. Do not eat very spicy foods the night before departure(not to mention getting hammered). Keep yourself hydrated, im talking water here not beer. Stay away from the diesel exhaust , this makes anyone sick. Eat a lot of small bland foods when on the water: crackers, cookies etc. The Sea of Cortez is very forgiving and i think you will have no problems. Here on the Atlantic its so snotty everyday. North to Northeast at 20 to 25 and its a big snotty mess but it doesnt stop us. Everyone has a tolerance level but when you go a long way you dont want to test it. Get him the patch. Fish, eat get Baja!. Suerte.. jim

Spokane Valley...
Level Contributor
943 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather link

YM,

I will have him check the Scapolomine. He has been doing Dramimine with some success. Its just the big wave days that get him. The diesel is definantly a killer as well. Not sure how the cut back on the spicy food and beer will go over but will suggest it as well. Its his stomach after all. Thanks for the suggestion. Terry

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: weather link

CaboRat,

Yeah i understand. I have been lucky or cursed as the case may be. I can eat and drink whatever, beat my brains out, exhaust myself and get drunk all at the same time and it does not bother me. I can relate and sympathize with those whose constitution is less rigorous. IMHO, after running countless charters on my own boats out of Oregon Inlet is that Dramamine and Benedryl simply dull the senses and lull some into compliance. This is not my idea of a good active/interactive fishing charter. After all there are so many wonderful things to see when on the sea. Stingrays, whales(depending on the season) porpoise etc. I wouldnt want my senses to be dulled or my experience compromised by these over the counter remedies when there is a state of the art cure! Catch a lot of fish, drink a lot of beer have fun! Saludos.. jim