We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must buy bottle of Tequila?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lynnwood, WA
4 posts
Save Topic
Must buy bottle of Tequila?

I will be in Cabo in early June and I am looking to bring home a couple of good bottles of Tequila, suggestions? Also best place in Cabo to get good deals on Tequila?

US
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Must buy bottle of Tequila?

Crunkman:

I am not a tequila lover, prefer a excelland chardonay, my hubby on the other hand like tequila although he would not consider himself a coinessoiur(sp). He did try some high-end tequila while in Cabo. He liked Cabo Wabo resposada & Don Julio. Yachtmerchant and other should be able to help you more than I. Yachtmerchant has spoken about a place called "Panchos" where they have tequila tastings and a wide variety of tequila's to try.

Best,

P.S. My hubby also like's tequila's sneaky cousin "mezcal" but be careful!!!!!!!!!!

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,981 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Must buy bottle of Tequila?

My favorite is Don Julio anejo. Best prices are probably at La Europea (on the corridor and at the mall) or at the duty free shop at the airport. My understanding is that the limit is 750 ml per person to bring back.

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Must buy bottle of Tequila?

crunk,

if you want a real treat go to Panchos in Cabo . he has one of the most extensive collections of Tequila and Mezcal anywhere. He does a Tequila sampling along with an educational reparte which lets you sample some of the worlds greatest Tequilas and Mezcals. Then you can decide which you prefer. Many of the local liquor stores carry these distinctive varieties at good prices. The food at Panchos is quite good too. Saludos.... jiim

California
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Must buy bottle of Tequila?

I agree with YM....panchos is your best bet as far as sampling goes...huge selection also they are very knowlegeable. I knew nothing about tequila, but after my visit I had a good understanding about what makes tequila different.

Cabo_nut

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Must buy bottle of Tequila?

Cabo_nut,

did you get your "Master of Tequila" certificate from Panchos? .. jim

California
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Must buy bottle of Tequila?

No I didn't.......just sampled 3 or 4 tequilas with my brother in law...this was after about 3-4 waboritas at cabowabo. How many do you have to drink before you get the certificate? I told a friend of mine where panchos was and to go there...he said he couldn't find it...did they move? I haven't been to panchos in a couple of years.

Cabo_nut

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,981 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Must buy bottle of Tequila?

Nut, your friend must have had 5-6 waboritas. Pancho's is right where it has been.

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Must buy bottle of Tequila?

Hola,

I did get my certificate but it wasnt until the next day that icould read it. They have the tasting for 39.00 if memory serves me and you get some cool Tequila stuff to take with you. As Eljefe said it was where it always has been as of march. Saludos.. jim

Fitchburg...
Level Contributor
653 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Must buy bottle of Tequila?

What about Kaluha..? Is it popular there at all, I was hoping to get a big bottle to take home cheap cheap cheap? I love margarita's but beer and shots....hhhm...lets just say they dont ever stay down )-: So other than margarita's I need to find some good drinks, to keep me cool in that heat of course!

st paul, mn
Level Contributor
3,754 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Must buy bottle of Tequila?

If you go to the airport. There are three shops on the second level be sure to hit all three and compare prices before you buy. Save for last the one against the same wall but opposite end as the small tequilla shop.