We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Dont forget to pack" list

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Redding, California
14 posts
Save Topic
"Dont forget to pack" list

I'm starting to get excited. 17 more days. I'm starting to think about what to bring. I've got the bikinis covered ;) What about all the other stuff that you wished you would have brought on your last trip?

Here's my list so far. What else?

Plastic baggies

Binoculors

Backpack/fanny pack

Blow up rafts?

Collapsible cooler

Corkscrew/bottle opener

thanks

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,482 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Dont forget to pack" list

Make sure to have a few pens in your purse for imigration papers on the plane. Print out any confirmations that you have through the internet(such as car rental, hotel conf., excursion deposits).

Lots of $1s and $5s., magazines(if you like them), they are expensive there. Sunscreen, of course.

Oh, and a journal so you can tell us all about your trip when you return!

Have a great time! :-)

MN
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: "Dont forget to pack" list

Bring lots of $1.00 bills for tipping, like $100.00 worth. Envelopes to put your tips in for the maid everyday so she she knows she can take it. Ziplock baggies. Sunglasses, Visor for the beach, candy for the maids and the kids on the beach ( They like american chocolate).......I love to talk vacationing!!!!! have fun!!!!!!

JJJ
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,628 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Dont forget to pack" list

Sunscreen! It is quite expensive if you purchase in Cabo. Also, make a copy of your passport and keep it in a different place than where you actually carry your original.

JJJ
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,628 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Dont forget to pack" list

Oops...just saw Tooley already said "sunscreen."

FYI--a while back everyone was talking about the Blue Lizard sunscreen. I have seen it at Rite Aid drug stores for about 7.99 a bottle. Never noticed it before...but after reading about it on TA...I was aware of its name. I have always used Bullfrogs and have never been burned...but I just read where they do not recommend that you use the bullfrog with bug repellant. The reason is because you re-apply the sunscreen and when you do, you are re-applying the insect repellant and you end up using too much.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,618 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "Dont forget to pack" list

Also take copies of your passports and put them in a separate place, just in case.

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: "Dont forget to pack" list

A copy of your passport in each checked luggage is a good identifier if the luggage gets lost. When I report the contents of missing luggage, the airline reps seem pleased that a unique identifier will be within.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,901 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: "Dont forget to pack" list

The aloe vera goop in case you forget to put on your sunscreen and get a major sunburn.

Parksville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: "Dont forget to pack" list

Tea candles for your room/patio at night. ;-)

Robin

cabo san lucas
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: "Dont forget to pack" list

did you remember a camera? and if its digital , batteries and a charger... and maybe the cable so if it gets full you can download them and get more! also the aloe vera is good advice. its good for the sunburn aswell as the stingers in the waters... there's not many but if you do it's great relief.. and how about a holder for your beers.. the ones which a can or bottle sits in, in australia we call them stubbie holders, tinnie holders, not sure what north americas knows then has... ?!?

Nashville
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: "Dont forget to pack" list

Caboticket - we call those things....coozies. You can use them to keep your bottled water cool also. I try to alternate to keep from getting dehydrated....3-4 beers to 1 water :)

You might want to put together a small first aid kit.

Don't forget heartburn medicine, Pepto, Advil/Tylenol/asprin, bandaids, antibiotic ointment, Visine (for those bloodshot eyes).

Snack bars (like granola or cereal), those single serving drink mixes to add to your bottled water, Gatorade (the powdered kind, just in case you get dehydrated). I am sure all of those things are much less expensive in the states.

We leave this SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!