We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Big Game Fishing

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Windham, NH
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Big Game Fishing

We arrive on 5/21 to 5/28; looking for a chance at big time marlin/sailfish. What's up: availability, prices, etc.

What if I actually get one? What is cost for mounting and shipping back to the states? This is something I have always wanted to do - may not be able to get back to try again. Please advise!

Fisherman Pete

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Big Game Fishing

pdanton,

You are goin to the right place if you want to hook up on a big billfish. I advocate, as do most others catch and release. If you catch a nice billfish a photo or many will be taken as well as measurements. the fish is released to fight another day and you can have a fiberglass replica made that is more than lifelike. You do not want to have this arranged in Cabo. You get the photo and the weight estimate, measurements and come back home and i can tell you 15 places that will reproduce this likeness at a reasonable price. It is not cool to kill a big bill fish and dont let the crew or anyone else talk you in to this. There are many reputable charter fishing companies in Los Cabos. When i charter a boat i do it with RedRum. Everyone has their favorites. I like Redrum because i think they provide the most services for the cost. The boat,crew,all live bait, a boxed lunch, all tackle, freezing of your catch fresh or smoked and a dinner made at the Crazy Lobster restaurant with a part of your catch. Services vary widely. You can expect to pay between 525 to 1200 dollars a day for sportfishing in Cabo depending on the company. I reccommend RedRum, Picese, CaboMagic, Picante, Gaviota, Solmar, there are many others. All of these companies have web sites. If you want a quote from RedRum go to redrumcabo.com if you want to look at the historical catch records of the fleet out of CSL or SJD go to mexfish.com go to the bottom of the page and select "back issues" select the month and date as close to your date as possible. there you will find reports from many of the reporting fleets and harbor an idea of whats biting this time of year. This time of year is best for Striped Marlin, Dorado and Yellow Fin Tuna, many other species as well. Suerte..... jim

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Big Game Fishing

pdanton,

sorry for the double post. if you want to arrange a charter for your date range theres a good chance you are already behind the loop. If i were you i would select a charter company and make my reservations right away. This is not a last minute thing. By the way the prices i gave you are for the boat, not per person, most probably a 28 ft. capable of dealing with 4 anglers. If you wait till you get to Cabo to make your arrangements you will be at the mercy of the system. If i can help let me know! Suerte.... jim