We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All-inclusive resorts in Cabo - suggestions?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 posts
Save Topic
All-inclusive resorts in Cabo - suggestions?

My girlfriend and I (both 36) are looking to go to Cabo next weekend (May 14th) for 6 or 7 days.

Any advice on where to go, or better yet, where NOT to go, for a great AI vacation?

(Any other insider info I should know about? We love exploring the underbellies of little towns and finding the little gems.)

Thank you!

Level Contributor
1,451 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All-inclusive resorts in Cabo - suggestions?

Melia San Lucas is a nice AI resort.

Level Contributor
399 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All-inclusive resorts in Cabo - suggestions?

Utah Murph:

In that case, you must go to Todos Santos..check out Hotel California. I am not suggesting to go there for your entire stay, but certainly check it out for a day or overnight trip.

I am not an AI person, but I certainly know many of my cohorts here are...and they will give you plenty of advice.

Con mucho gusto.....y adventuras muy calientes.

Level Contributor
2,621 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All-inclusive resorts in Cabo - suggestions?

I've only been to the Presidente (3 times now). It's located in San Jose, a small quaint town with enought shopping and several restaurants and bars.

The resort is very clean, a 3 story spread out resort with 4 pools (2 with swim up bars) and 5 restaurants. It is a bit of a laid back resort. If you're looking for lively, entertainment filled evenings, you won't find it here. They do offer some entertainment in the lobby in the evenings, but it's not much compared to what you'll find in Cabo.

San Jose is about a 15-20 minute walk and is a must. If you rent a car, go up the coast a bit to Playita and visit the Panga fisherman.

Apple Vacations is running some good prices for the Presidente ($1000/person) or the RIU for just under $1200/person. (No, I am not an Apple rep, but my TA just told me about the specials).

Whichever resort you choose, you have a fabulous time in Cabo.

Salt Lake City, Utah
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: All-inclusive resorts in Cabo - suggestions?

Thank you for your posts thus far!

I've been quoted at the Melia, as well as

Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas

Royal Solaris Los Cabos

Fiesta Inn Los Cabos

.... trying to decide between these, or come aware of some I may need to look into.

I should have read more posts in the forum before I posted myself, so my apologies in advance!

We're looking to travel May 14-21.

I appreciate the advice of personal feelings against all-inclusive vacations, but for us, it seems to work (went to PV this time last year on one and had a ball!).

We do plan on going out and about at night for the local fare. It's actually part of the reason we want to go to Mexico.

But to be able to drink for "free", laying on the beach, and not have to keep tabs on the expenses (as well as b-fast and lunch) .... helps with the brain-less vacation factor.

I've read some negative reviews of the RIU, as well as some positives as it seems to be a popular place. I guess the gist of it was "don't sweat the small stuff". Also, seems that Dreams would be ideal, but unfortunately they're sold out.

Any other experiences?

For Restaurants, I've read positive things of Nick San, Mi Casa and Santa Fe in Todos

For Tequila tasting, sounds like Panchos is the place!

ATV tours seems to be an activity not to miss. Sounds like simply booking while at a resort is the way to go.

Should be booking the vacation by the end of the day as time is getting short.

Any advice is greatly appreciated! This forum is EXTREMELY helpful!!!!!

Level Contributor
1,799 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All-inclusive resorts in Cabo - suggestions?

I can't give you first hand information. My first trip will be in June. But with your time table being so short, I would just throw in that I picked the Riu for our trip. It's new, so alot of the complaints are from growing pains and seem to be getting better week after week. Other than that, alot of the complaints seem to be form people that couldn't have a good time if they tripped over it, if you know what I mean. PARMAN

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,154 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All-inclusive resorts in Cabo - suggestions?

For the location, I would suggest the Riu. Have not stayed there, but it is beautiful and the closest to town. Also, the Finisterra occasionally offer AI. We will be there at the same time, but have our week at Solmar! Enjoy and let us know how it went when you return!

Level Contributor
549 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: All-inclusive resorts in Cabo - suggestions?

I agree with Parman. Im going in June also, and wanted an AI, and after much research and pouring through old posts I decided on the RIU. Most of the complaints are from people who expect 5 star AI in Mexico to be the same thing as 5 star Hilton or Ritz in U.S. Big complaint is the reservation system, but people I know that have gone to other RIUs all say that the buffet is amazing... why waste your time and go to a restaurant with big plates and no food? Go to the buffet and try a little bit of everything at the time you desire - thats what I think.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
400 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All-inclusive resorts in Cabo - suggestions?

FYI...Orbitz has better deals for Riu Palace than Apple Vacations.

Royal Solaris has not been reviewed very well lately, so that may not be a good choice. But, my dad went there 2 years ago and had a blast (3 days).

We're going to the Riu May 25-29 (first time). I think overall the reviews are good. It just depends on what type of travel you're used to. If you are familiar with all inclusives vs. Ritz Carlton in Maui, then you'll probably be totally satisfied. Just my 2 pesos!

Salt Lake City, Utah
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: All-inclusive resorts in Cabo - suggestions?

I ended up booking RIU with Orbitz. Got a great deal ($2,200) for 2, 7 nights, flights from SLC, and the AI.

Thanks for all your help!!

Level Contributor
111 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: All-inclusive resorts in Cabo - suggestions?

You should have a great time at the RIU, that would of been my suggestion (have no others to compare to though)

You are close to Cabo town (on the beach it took us an hour to walk with a six year old), you can book activities there or go to the guys on the beach to book trips/excursions, and the last few days we were there (trip end was 6 May) it was getting busier so would be better for activity