We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

presidente intercontinental all inclusive resort in Cabo

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
pinole
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
presidente intercontinental all inclusive resort in Cabo

my group plan to travel to Cabo and stay @ the Presidente intercontinental resort. I saw mixed reviews. my group has about 9 children (5-12 yrs.). I saw comments re. their kids club was not organized and kids were pretty much hang around in the swimming pool. Also, what kinds of sport that are available on site? is there kayaking or surfing? Would appreciate any comment or experience ref. to this resort.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,614 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: presidente intercontinental all inclusive resort in Cabo

The resort is not really geared for kids. Although they do advertise a kids club, it's not much more than a small fenced in area with a small jungle gym in the back of the hotel.

The only thing I've seen kids do there is hang around the pool. In fact, some parents were letting the kids hang at the swim up bar, ordering one kiddy drink after another, and truthfully annoy the other guests. I guess they were bored and the parents were pretty much doing their own thing.

The resort does not offer any kind of water sports. The undertow in Cabo is such that is makes it difficult. I have seen surfers out, but they brought their own equipment.

Perhaps if you post another topic inquiring which resort is geared towards kids, you'll get plenty of responses.

Fitchburg...
Level Contributor
653 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: presidente intercontinental all inclusive resort in Cabo

Tcalgary posted this and was going April 30, with a 6 yr old, maybe he will post again soon to update you on the kids club?

"Not sure if you have stayed at a Riu before but they do have the Kids Club for 12 and under I believe, plus at night the kids get to participate in a dance type of thing on the main stage (at least at the Riu's I have been to so far).

Going April 30 myself so I hope all this is still happening, my 6yr old is looking forward to it"

Missouri
Level Contributor
191 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: presidente intercontinental all inclusive resort in Cabo

We just returned from the Presidente and I never saw kids at the kids club. It had the hours posted from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM and on the activity post it posted a movie but I have no idea what it was, or if they did other activities. Right outside the front of the Presidente their is a place that had ATV rides and horseback riding and other tours. We spoke to some people that said the ATV tour was awesome. They rode down the beach past the estuary and down around a mountain for a round trip of 72 miles lasting 3 hours. There were horses right there to ride but I didn't check on how much it was. I think they offered Kayaking but not sure. There are other tour operators in the hotel for dinner cruises and things like that. The kids I saw, which there wasn't a lot, were usually around the family pool and like Shelb said getting drinks from the swim up bar.