We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Los Cabos Guides

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
KEW GARDENS, NY
Level Contributor
151 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Los Cabos Guides

Hello all. I was wondering if there are any Los Cabos guides/books that i can purchase from the bookstore that you guys recommend that i should get. Seems like there are quite a few and i just do not know which one is best or atleast the most helpful.

thanks again.

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Los Cabos Guides

lovethesun212,

there are a slew of books but to be honest, i think you can get almost all, if not more from the web. There are some very cool web sites although the books may be cheaper than the ink for the D@#* printer. Check out gringigazette.com allaboutcabo.com cometocabo.com caboexpo.com cabobob.com (bob can be a little "baja" at tims but its a good site) bajanomads.com loscabosguide.com bajalife.com mexonline.com go2cabos.com bajaquest.com advantagemexico.com finisterra.com virtualmex.com loscabos-tourism.com/cabo bajabound.com mexconnect.com Now that should keep you busy for a while, but wait theres more! Let me know if i can help. good books about Cabo: Cabo Handbook, LaPaz to Cabo The Baja Adventure Book Lonely Planet:Baja California Moon HandBooks, Baja. Suerte!.... jim

KEW GARDENS, NY
Level Contributor
151 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Los Cabos Guides

Thanks YM, your the best, you helped me out once again. I think ill take your advice and check out those sites on the web first and decide later on whether or not to purchase the book.

The more i read and read, the more and more confused i get on what to do. There are tons of activities, it can become a bit overwhelming. I might have to start making my own chart soon.

Thanks again.

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Los Cabos Guides

Love,

you are more than welcome. Yes there is a lot to do but dont forget to leave a little time for doing noting at all! Thats the beauty of Baja. You can be as involved or disinvolved as you choose and nobody gives a D@^*! Saludos...... jim

KEW GARDENS, NY
Level Contributor
151 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Los Cabos Guides

YM, yes, i cannot forgot the most important, relaxation, which i defiantely need. Thanks for putting me in my place, lol.

california
Level Contributor
399 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Los Cabos Guides

love:

Also, buy a copy of Los Cabos Magazine. This month's issue lists and describes the (10) best beaches along with a very informative Restaurant guide.

Lectura y viajar buenos.

Ron

Fitchburg...
Level Contributor
653 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Los Cabos Guides

I ordered the Los Cabo Visitors Guide... excellent. And they came so fast. They are pretty good there, and there was a survey they ask you to fill out and then give you Coupons to use in Cabo!

www.loscabosguide.com/magazine/index.html

Escondido...
Level Contributor
151 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Los Cabos Guides

love,

IU read in your posts that you are getting more and more confused about what to do the more you read. Some advise "STOP READING!!!!!!".

Just kidding. I do that all the time when going someplace new. The more I read, the longer the list gets. Remember, this is a vacation, not EVERYTHING has to be done on your first visit. Also, no matter how good you plan, your plans WILL change.

I did get a book on the area. I was excited about it at first but I have learned more on the web and from this forum than any book. My advise, save the money for a few extra beers and surf the web and ask here.

Just my to pesos.

Gary

KEW GARDENS, NY
Level Contributor
151 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Los Cabos Guides

THANKS ALL!!!!...for all of your advice. For my own sanity, i will look around the web and purchase the magazine and guide that rondig and kaygeecee recommended. Can i get those at a regualr bookstore like Barnes and Nobles?

Scouting bear, good to know im not the only one who drives themselves crazy. Im just trying to find the "must do's" of los cabos first. Just seems like everything is a must do. One thing i know is no scuba diving or snorkling for me.

Fitchburg...
Level Contributor
653 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Los Cabos Guides

No, you order throught the website that I linked. It comes from CA. I ordered both magazines there from Tyson promotions. They are excellent. There was also a survey included with the magazines they mailed to me, and if you fill in out online, they will send you $30 gift certificate to use at a restaurant of your choice. I got the Crazy Lobster Coupon for $30 bucks!, not bad....... I actually called and ordered both the magazines they offer on Cabo. The phone number is on this link.

http://www.loscabosguide.com/ordrinfo.htm

KEW GARDENS, NY
Level Contributor
151 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Los Cabos Guides

Thanks kaygeecee, that info helped alot. I will order it.