We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton vs. Intercontinental Presidente

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Texas
Level Contributor
71 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton vs. Intercontinental Presidente

Any suggestions? How close is the Hilton to SJD?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
181 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton vs. Intercontinental Presidente

Sally,

I have done a lot of looking at the same question.

We've pretty much decided on the Presidente. I have a map op SJD, and the Hilton doesn't show up. This map is from http://www.loscabosguide.com/maps/mapsjc.htm

They have a map of the corridor too, which has the Hilton at about 10 km from SJC (between markers 17.5 and 24)

www.loscabosguide.com/maps/corridlg.htm

We decided that not renting a car and walking to town was a priority.

H&S

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
181 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton vs. Intercontinental Presidente

This map is easier to read:

www.loscabosguide.com/maps/corridor-2.htm

Texas
Level Contributor
71 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton vs. Intercontinental Presidente

I've reserved at the IP, but I think Hilton is actually cheaper.

But I think it's right in the middle of the corridor, and I'm looking for something closer to town, too. Can you walk from the IP to town? We're not renting a car either. I think the Hilton looks nicer, but the whole reason we're staying in SJD two nights is to be able to walk to town, shop, and eat.

KatD, where are you? Help us.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
181 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton vs. Intercontinental Presidente

I was going to wait for KatD to respond, but she might not know that much about SJD. I think she soncentrates mostly on the other end of CSL, where the Playa Grande and Finnestera are. She owns a timeshare at the PG. (incase you dind't know htat yet...)

The IP is definitely within walking distance of SJD. Although we are staying "all inclusive", we plan on eating in SJD or SCL for dinner every night. We don't expect much from the food at the IP. We might have lunch out too, it just depends on our expereince.

bayarea
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton vs. Intercontinental Presidente

i caught this bit of info on another posting... join the club at presidente for $150 and you get a cerificate for one free weekend nite. you can apply that on your trip. also you get a free room upgrade, free fruit and water in your room on arrival and a later check out... sounds like its well worth it.. we are going to sjd in june and plan to join the club for the extras..

Texas
Level Contributor
71 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton vs. Intercontinental Presidente

H&S, it sounds like we have the same idea about SJD.

And I really think with the Hilton we'd have to get a cab into town every time. I'm not staying at IP for the all-inclusive. I went with it really just for breakfast and drinks. But part our enjoyment on vacations is trying different restaurants.

Nina, thanks for the info; unfortunately we won't be there for the weekend.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hilton vs. Intercontinental Presidente

HueySam and Sally:

I have been going to Cabo for years now. But I wanted to do something different for our honeymoon and we stayed at IP for 10 days last year. It was great, an older property but we could walk into San Jose, I believe the Hilton is in the Middle of the Corridor, for us we used the shuttle to go into CSL, we own at Playa Grande, CSL is more our style but my wedding was during spring break so SJD worked out better for us. The food was good, of course there is always better but for an AI we thought we got a great deal.

Hope that helps,

Sandy

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,271 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hilton vs. Intercontinental Presidente

Hi All,

I have not stayed at either, and you are right-I do have sort of a tunnel vision thing with the Playa G and Solmar! ;-)

I love the town of San Jose! It is charming, and has some fun things to do. If I was going to move to Baja, that is one of the first places I would look. I think they are both good choices, from an agents point of view. Another place to look at in that area is Las Mananitas. It is a condo complex and it is FANTASTIC! I think I would suggest a car if you stay in San Jose, so you can wander around at your leisure. Wish I could be of more help-guess I should really do an inspection tour instead of just sitting on my tush with a book-in the sun.