We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beds at the Melia San Lucas Beach

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
123 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Beds at the Melia San Lucas Beach

I heard the beds at the ME - both by the pool and on the beach, cost $50/day to rent.

Anyone know if this is true?

Ma
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beds at the Melia San Lucas Beach

True or get up early and stake out one not reserved.

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,522 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beds at the Melia San Lucas Beach

I had no idea you would have to pay for one of those beds! Hmmm, I think that is silly. :-) Give me the sand!!

Ma
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beds at the Melia San Lucas Beach

Your right Tooley it is silly, but thats the way the Melia is. They try to soak every last dime they can, and there are plenty of people wanting to look cool by their pool that are more than willing to hand money over to them. I love reading the reviews for the ME since experiancing it first hand, I beleive a lot of the latest glowing reviews are written by the resort. They sound to much like adds trying to done play the nagative things about the resort. I love how one stated that the $20 breakfast buffet was a great deal since you can have mimosas. Nothing like a mimosas with $3 champain yuk. It was a better deal than the $10 pancake I got. It was one pancake quartered. Live and learn.

California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,522 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beds at the Melia San Lucas Beach

I read a review that said-- good for the young party type that have money. With $10 for a quarter of a pancake I would need the other 3/4s and so at $40. I guess you would need lots of money. :-)

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
123 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beds at the Melia San Lucas Beach

So, can anyone confirm this?

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
3,309 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beds at the Melia San Lucas Beach

It's been stated in some of the reviews that you can reserve them for $40 or $50, and when I was there some were on reserve, but never inquired about if and what it cost. I just put my towels on an open spot for free. It takes the towel game to a new level. It's a resort for the young and dumb who don't mind having their pockets picked.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
123 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beds at the Melia San Lucas Beach

Well I'm sure no one ever forces you to eat at their restaurants and drink their drinks. Everything is voluntary and I just wanted more facts.

If you had made the mistake of going there then you'd learn from it and never go again Kenrabs. It's obviously still catering to a certain crowd and there had been many good reviews from there as well. Since it's still in business, I'd say it's doing their job catering to their target market.

Ma
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beds at the Melia San Lucas Beach

Sorry Tooley, I ment that I got 1 pancake cut into 4 quarters instead of a stack of say 3. I wish I could see the menu and see if in said pancke or pancakes lol. My husband laughed and said I should have gotten the buffet.

9. Re: Beds at the Melia San Lucas Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 am, September 03, 2009