We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RIU Palace Swim Up Room or Baja California

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
14 helpful votes
RIU Palace Swim Up Room or Baja California

Trying to book today for a birthday trip with my boyfriend for June. The new Baja California looks great, but it appeats they just have standard rooms available.

Any info on the swim up rooms at Palace? Do they have views? Only first floor? Is pool heated? Can you use both other resorts? Food preference between two?

Any feedback would be great!

6 replies to this topic
St James, New York
Level Contributor
19,357 posts
181 reviews
156 helpful votes
1. Re: RIU Palace Swim Up Room or Baja California

Pools are Heated.

1 post
1 review
1 helpful vote
2. Re: RIU Palace Swim Up Room or Baja California

I've stayed at both resorts. I even had a swim-up room at the Palace. If you can get the swim-up room that look onto the main pools, then I'd book that. My swim-up room happened to be on the backside looking into a garden area and there wasn't as much sun and hardly any view; also the mosquitoes were very bad because of the garden area. Both resorts have almost the same food and I think the buffet was better at the Baja resort (no flies). Both resorts were very clean and the rooms were awesome! The pools are heated at the Baja too not the Palace.

Edited: 2:28 pm, March 18, 2019
Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
4,986 posts
4 reviews
4 helpful votes
3. Re: RIU Palace Swim Up Room or Baja California

Staying at the Riu Baja California Adults Only you can use both other resorts. If Staying at the Riu Palace you would only be able to use the Riu Santa Fe.

Edited: 2:41 pm, March 18, 2019
Victoria, Canada
5 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
4. Re: RIU Palace Swim Up Room or Baja California

This is not true. If you are staying at the palace you can go to Santa Fe and Baja, but you can not bring kids to the Baja.

Westlock, Canada
Level Contributor
2,026 posts
1 review
3 helpful votes
5. Re: RIU Palace Swim Up Room or Baja California

The quiet pool is heated at the Palace, but if I was adults only I would for sure only go to the Baja.

B.C.Canada
Level Contributor
13,752 posts
144 reviews
304 helpful votes
6. Re: RIU Palace Swim Up Room or Baja California

Sue is correct.

You won't need heated pool in June..

Reply to: RIU Palace Swim Up Room or Baja California
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted