We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Months To Be In Cabo

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
Save Topic
Best Months To Be In Cabo

TO ALL;

What is your faovorite month of the year to be in Cabo and Why?

and/or

What month have you been to Cabo and how was it when you were there.

The reason I ask is I will be picking/locking my weeks soon for my place on Medano Beach and when I pick them I don't plan on ever changing them. My interests are the best time to be fishing, playing golf, being at the beach (in the water), and whatever other interests I should know about being/playing/relaxing in Cabo.

As always, I 'll thank you all in advance for the priceless info this forum provides.

G-Day Mates

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Medano Beach
Medano Beach
3,709 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,456 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Months To Be In Cabo

My favorite time is the end of October. The weather is great, hurrican season is almost over- although we did have a late one headed towards us last year and the water temperature is warm, warm, warm! We just go back the 3rd of May and wouldn't go again from the end of Nov to mid- June because we hate cold water! Also the evenings are typically cool until June as well. Then starting in June you have the humidity and hurricane threats which is why we love October!

Glendale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,712 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Months To Be In Cabo

Been to Cabo in June, July, September and October. I think my favorites were June & October. We're locking in weeks in those months to be our regular weeks. We also like June because our kids are out of school and October for our anniversary.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Glendale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,712 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Months To Be In Cabo

I might add that we love the heat... we want our Cabo vacations to be hot, not coolish... nights it's ok to be coolish but days, bring on the full sun :)

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Months To Be In Cabo

Anyone from Glendale, Az is probably going to put a jacket on when the temp drops to 90

Glendale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,712 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Months To Be In Cabo

You got that right :) It's not even funny. It's 97 degrees out right now... AC set at 80 (nobody else is home so I can have it set warm) and I'm in a long sleeved shirt & sweat pants because I was freezing in the house! LOL

Hubby is another story, he's the one wearing shorts all year round.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Months To Be In Cabo

My first and only trip to CABO (it only took one trip for me to buy a place) was the last 5 days in MAY and I found the weather to be spectacular..The weather could not have been more perfect. I swam and the water was fine. Fishing was good. My primary week I am considering is the FIRST Week in NOVEMBER. It appears that the fishing is MOST plentiful during that month and I have many friends who live in colder climates and figured November would be an enticing time for them to "join in". Plus, for the most part, I fall into the safety zone avoiding hurricanes.

I can't imagine there is ever a bad time for golfing. The water temeratures is an interst to me during months mentioned - I do want to be in the water. For a secondary week I was considering the 1st week in June or sometime in APRIL so, I was happy to see the month of June comments so far. I'm wondering if the Spring Break would bother me or not. I'm wondering just how much of a spring break scene it is there in April. The month that I am "most curious" about is February. February is a great month to get out of the cold anywhere and Holidays don't interfere either before of after. The fishing seems least plentiful during that month (based on fishing charts I have seen) .... I imagine it must be fascinating to watch the whales.... I would be concerned about the water temperatures and how cool it might get at night

Kingsburg...
Level Contributor
279 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Months To Be In Cabo

It would November - November - November. The water is warm and very swimable - days are sunny and warm and the evenings are just right. No sweaters needed for this time of year. We actually have a timeshare in February and the evenings are very cool and have become windy. We bought on our first trip and didn't realize there were better months to be had.........so now we go twice a year - Nov. & Feb. Whatever time you pick you will love Cabo.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
California
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Months To Be In Cabo

Christmas in Cabo was wonderful in to early January and we found the water warm, very warm in Sea of Cortez.

I also have loved June, July and even early August. I do not want wind and to have to worry about getting cold when I get out of any water. I like to get hot and then hit the water.

I haven't been in October and that is on my wish list because the water is still warm from summer.

March April and May I want to avoid due to frequent reviews of spring breakers, wind, and chilly water.

I would avoid the second half of August and September if I had a choice.

But even with all that said, I think every month in Cabo sounds really good....no horrible month as there is in many places.

Think whale season.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Van Nuys, CA
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Months To Be In Cabo

We went in July, hot, hot, hot. Loved it!

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,351 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Months To Be In Cabo

My first thought was "all of them", but I have picked late Nov/early Dec. because it's sort of the off season and air is usually pretty decent and it's not super busy, and mid May, for about the same reasons, though air in May can be a little bit trickier. The weather is almost always perfect both times, but I've been in other months as well, and loved it. Haven't been in the height of summer through Sept. or Oct. though...........