We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road Closure on Highway 19?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
San Francisco
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Road Closure on Highway 19?

Hi,

Is the road closed on highway 19 going from Todos Santos to Cabo? When I entered my coordinates into Google Maps, it created a 3-hour itinerary and stated 19 was closed. This only happened leaving Todos Santos to Cabo. From Cabo to TS, it seemed fine.

10 replies to this topic
2 posts
1. Re: Road Closure on Highway 19?

I'm curious about this too. Is there truly a road closure and is it both ways?

St James, New York
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
17,863 posts
176 reviews
2. Re: Road Closure on Highway 19?

There's a Mango Festivale in Todos Santos this weekend July 27 to July 31.

The road is open !

2 posts
3. Re: Road Closure on Highway 19?

Great. Thank you!

Waterdown, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Road Closure on Highway 19?

I just looked at Google Maps and it shows a section of northbound #19 closed until Dec. 2018!? I have no idea if this is correct.

Level Contributor
42 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: Road Closure on Highway 19?

Just drove it yesterday. Short detour for construction about half way. Have a nice drive.

2 posts
6. Re: Road Closure on Highway 19?

What does the detour entail? Are we talking a few miles inland to get around or something more minor than that? Like a single lane each way or something? About to travel with an infant up there so trying to minimize drive time. Or at least know be mentally prepared for it.

Level Contributor
42 posts
7 reviews
7. Re: Road Closure on Highway 19?

Short 5 minute side road detour.

San Diego...
1 post
8. Re: Road Closure on Highway 19?

Thank u!

2 posts
9. Re: Road Closure on Highway 19?

The detour is very minor. If you look on the map there is a small road that goes right around the area in question. Not even a 5 min re route. 1 minute to get around the construction area. a very minor detour.

Sacramento...
1 post
1 review
10. Re: Road Closure on Highway 19?

Just drove it yesterday September 16 2018, the detour was literally one minute long (I looked at the clock). Detour was both ways. I don't know why google has that crazy long reroute!

Reply to: Road Closure on Highway 19?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted