We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question for Riu Guests....

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Cabo San Lucas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Topic
Question for Riu Guests....

Might sound silly but I'm a big fan of Dos XX, Tecate, and Negra Modelo....are any of those beers served at RIU CSL? And are all the RIU hotel bars draft beer only. I have a bad feeling my only option will be Corona for 7 days...just curious.

Buffalo,NY,USA
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Question for Riu Guests....

Corona, Corona, Corona...drafts at the bars, bottles in your room (4 at a time in your fridge). Cheers!

Sault Ste. Marie...
Level Contributor
532 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Question for Riu Guests....

I think they had Negra Modelo on tap at the bars!

Chicago
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Question for Riu Guests....

That's good news! What was your assesment of the "dinner reservation system"

US
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Question for Riu Guests....

horheysox:

My hubby and I are going to the Riu Palace in May. We've read lots about the dinner reservation "thing" on this forum. According to the posts, they have changed when to make reservations from the AM to PM. It seems the line-ups are quite long due to various issues. First, many people are abusing the system by making reservations for large parties, many for people they have met while down there, not even in their group so to speak. Secondly, the ala cartes seem quite small so they are not able to accomodate lots of people. Some people just grin and bear it while waiting in line to have a drink and meet new people. My wife and I have decided we are not going to do the ala carte thing but just go to the buffets. We intend on getting off the property anyways and visit CSL often. There are great eateries in CSL and we are going to take advantage of them. There is a lot of great advice on posts which go back as to where to eat in CSL. Thats my 2 cents worth :) lol Enjoy and have lots of fun.

Buffalo,NY,USA
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Question for Riu Guests....

I think it's lousy to have to have to spend a couple of vacation hours to get a reservation for anything. Even Disney found a way to help people avoid that waste of time. One of the big shots who said he was second in command of the dining operations, spoke of a better, (assigned) system back in Cuba, where he originally opened a Riu. In the meantime, it's all about attitude. If you really want the reservation, lots of people make the best of it, with drinks and conversation. The chairs make it comfortable, and you can reserve for a crowd (we got 16 at a time and relieved each other every 1/2 hour) But I would have neede lots of drinks to endure.

Kansas
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Question for Riu Guests....

I think you said it best Crowls, ITS ALL ABOUT ATTITUDE.

Buffalo,
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Question for Riu Guests....

Anyone ever hear of a Mexican beer called Indios? I used to get in in Colorado in the early 80's.

Sault Ste. Marie...
Level Contributor
532 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Question for Riu Guests....

We didn't find it that bad standing in line. We always eat late, so we would get in line and take a break from the pool and the sun. We met a lot of nice people with great information while we were in line. Everyone pulled up a chair and visited. The Gormet resturant fills up first. I think only 28 people, not sure. That was way too fancy food for us. We did the Japinesse-didn't like. The steak house always has lots of room. It was fair, you have to remember you are in Mexico-steak were so-so. Go have a great time! I am a picky eater and I always found something to eat at the buffet. I still gained my 10 pounds that I always gain!

Sault Ste. Marie...
Level Contributor
532 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Question for Riu Guests....

We didn't find it that bad standing in line. We always eat late, so we would get in line and take a break from the pool and the sun. We met a lot of nice people with great information while we were in line. Everyone pulled up a chair and visited. The Gormet resturant fills up first. I think only 28 people, not sure. That was way too fancy food for us. We did the Japinesse-didn't like. The steak house always has lots of room. It was fair, you have to remember you are in Mexico-steak were so-so. Go have a great time! I am a picky eater and I always found something to eat at the buffet. I still gained my 10 pounds that I always gain!