We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hurricane

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Oakland, California
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Hurricane

Suppose to be going to Cabo for my 30th birthday June18th but the way things are looking I'm starting to get nervous and sad. There is suppose to be hurricane Aletta and from the news I saw maybe another one after it but they can't say right now. Was anyone else heading up to Cabo around this time? What are your thoughts on canceling or still going?

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
28 replies to this topic
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
28,738 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hurricane

<<<What are your thoughts on canceling or still going?>>>

I havent been watching the forecast, but since your trip is 9 days away, I wouldnt do anything yet other than sit tight and see what transpires before making a decision on whether to cancel or not.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,481 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hurricane

from what I've read, Aletta won't be a problem but the next one is up for grabs on what will happen. I'd keep my res. at this point. Hopefully you have trip insurance also. If the airline cancels you you won't be penalized. With this weather-it's been hot I hear!

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
2,434 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hurricane

Yes every single storm that forms in the Pacific hits Cabo and destroys it, they are constantly rebuilding! Go to the National Hurricane Center website and look at the forecasts for yourself. Both systems are going to head west away from land. Stop listening to your friends that don't know a thing and go have a good time.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
3,839 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hurricane

Did someone say hurricane party? IM in! Headed there next week myself but not worried about the forecast. Keep your res and go!

Cabo San Lucas...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,846 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hurricane

Aletta isn’t coming here and when Bud forms, which is happening now, it should be all over by this next weekend. If the tracking is at all accurate, of course.

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hurricane

I just got travel insurance, said it wasn't to late to get it. Of course I'm one of those people who always thinks things won't happen during their trip. I hope nothing happens, not just for my trip but also for the people that live there. Guess I just have to keep watching and have my fingers crossed. Don't want to be stuck at home for my 30th birthday lol

Rancho Cucamonga...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hurricane

I’m heading over on the 27 I’m not really stressing cause Mother Nature does it’s thing. I also did read somewhere (besides this thread) that the storms are moving away from shore. Happy traveling!

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Hurricane

I’m also going soon - heading there on the 15th. Right now it looks like the hurricane isn’t going to hit land but still rainy weather for at least half of our trip - disappointing!! I considered changing the dates but who knows with he other storm forming. Anyone with experience on what to do in cabo in the rain??

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
67,911 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hurricane

Here are some Rainy Day activities (older article)

www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g152515-c200128

Puyallup, Washington
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hurricane

Yes, I’ve been in Cabo while it was on the outskirts of a hurricane. The pools and outdoor bars/restaurants shut down (obviously). Once it passes, there is a lot of clean up to do before everything is operating again. We had a big condo that time with board games and our own food to cook so it was perfectly fine. We walked around town and did a little shopping during breaks in the rain. The streets were running with water and the smell was pretty bad. Honestly, we made the most of it and it was still fun. Expect humidity!!!!

I am on my way to Cabo tomorrow so I will be there for this upcoming rainy weather too. I would expect it to be intermittent but pack some indoor activities just in case!

Edited: 2:17 pm, June 09, 2018
Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Reply to: Hurricane
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;