We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Missiones - Medano, Lovers beach - how far?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
San Francisco
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Missiones - Medano, Lovers beach - how far?

Hi, everyone,

I'm trying to solve the problem of staying with 2 little kids at one of Missiones or Terrasol condos and having a nice swimming beach not too far, or at least reachable on day-by-day basis, we are going for 9 days.

Any comments on that, would really appreciate.

Thank you

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,301 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Missiones - Medano, Lovers beach - how far?

Lucy, TerraSol is DEFINITELY NOT a swimming beach! The condos are very nice however, and it is close to town! I believe Missiones is on or very near the estuary, and may have a swimming beach, but not certain. It is not a property I sell often (like once). Swimming beaches are not that prevelent, but most places have some great pools. Villa del Palmar is very popular for families! If I can be of further help, just ask, but you will definitely get some great advice from the folks here!

Mentioned in this post
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos
Villa del Palmar Beach...
5,425 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Level Contributor
57 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Missiones - Medano, Lovers beach - how far?

Just got back from Misiones. The beach there is swimmable, but not for children. Too many rocks, sea urchins and rough water for little ones to have fun in. You may also find the pool area not so hospitable as it is virtually all adults. We only had one child at the pool during our stay, and only for one day. I love Misiones, but would never bring our child there on vacation. Hope this helps.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Missiones - Medano, Lovers beach - how far?

Thank you KatD and likesadvice,

Yes, it's a lot to think of.

Actually, we would like to avoid hotels, usually it's crowded and sometimes you don't get a room you booked, it happens, booking the condo is safer, to my opinion. Beside, we don't mind to "travel" a bit even with 2 kids, they love walking ( so far).

So, any known combinations like " condo resort - 10 minutes walk ( or water taxi) - beach" would work for us.

Other qz is ,might be stupid even to ask this, sorry, anyway : babysitting - how safe and reliable is it at condos, do they have a nannies network there? does anyone have an experience with that?

Thank you in advance

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,301 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Missiones - Medano, Lovers beach - how far?

Take a look at either Solmar or Playa Grande-both are a short walk to town/marina and in the same area as TerraSol, but with more ammenities.

Mentioned in this post
Solmar Resort
Solmar Resort
1,903 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Playa Grande Resort
Playa Grande Resort
4,112 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Missiones - Medano, Lovers beach - how far?

LucyAm, I have never used a baby sitting service, but many of the resorts have them. They may use some of their housekeepers that have the day off or have other ladies to call on. I have watched the little kids with these Mexican ladies many times and it has always looked like they have a good time. It also appears that the kids come home speaking as much Spanish as English. Pretty cool!

Level Contributor
57 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Missiones - Medano, Lovers beach - how far?

Friends of mine have a timeshare at Cabo Villas. They've told me a nanny cost them $200 a week. Perhaps you should call Cabo Villas, ask for Jed or Christian.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo Villas Beach Resort
Cabo Villas Beach Resort
1,153 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Fresno, California
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Missiones - Medano, Lovers beach - how far?

Try www.vrbo.com for a rental at Terrasol. This site has you book directly with owners to save money. For a map of your location go to www.loscabosguide.com/maps/cs/map.htm. Terrasol is a quite family friendly resort. You can walk to a nice Italian restaurant Romeo and Juliets for dinner. Wood fired pizza for the kids. Excellant ceasar salad made fresh at your table side, good entries, deserts and flaming mexican coffee. You can walk to the main dock and take a glass bottom boat tour or a water taxi to Medano beach. It's a short taxi ride to Burger King or McDonalds for the kids. You can take a taxi to the Melia San Lucas and ask at the desk if you can use the pool and buy lunch/drinks. I have done this before at the Melia and Solmar. The Melia is right on Medano beach so you can go for a swim in the ocean 100 yards from the pool. I spent a day at the Solmar in November when we were there on a cruise and had a very nice meal next to the pool.

KatD's advice is always on the money but I prefer to rent a condo with at least 1 bedroom so that I can get a little quite time away from our son also its nice to have a kitchen with children. Using vrbo.com you can get a 1 bedroom at the Terrasol for no more than the cost of a hotel room at the other resorts.

Mentioned in this post
Medano Beach
Medano Beach
3,691 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Solmar Resort
Solmar Resort
1,903 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
San Francisco
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Missiones - Medano, Lovers beach - how far?

Thank you, thank you all,

craig, I think I 've red your post about your vacation with your son, and i thought at that time it's exactly what we would do. Frankly, I'm on vrbo almost every night as our plans change so fast, I have to ask rentors about different dates, but it's a labour of love, we want to go there, have not been on vacation for 5 years and want to make it right. Your advise encouraged me.

Thanks again

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,301 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Missiones - Medano, Lovers beach - how far?

I agree, having the one bdrm., at least is an advantage! We like it even though it is just the two of us!

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
263 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Missiones - Medano, Lovers beach - how far?

LucyAm-We just returned from Cabo. We stayed at Villa La Estancia. It is a great place with a very child friendly pool. Instead of kids going down steps, there is a large walk in area that is ankle or calf deep. It was just full of children! They love just laying, playing and sitting in this large area. The beach is right there-just down a few steps. There are 5 (yes five) hot tubs. We had six 21 year old girls with us and if the hot tub was over run by kids they had four others to move to. It seemed to be well thought out for all ages. The condos were just wonderful and very clean. There are two owners sites to rent from. If you have any questions, I will be glad to answer them. I forgot--you also get to use the pool and facilities next door at Villa de Palmar. That pool has a whale slide.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos
Villa La Estancia Beach...
1,778 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico