We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sorry...Boring ? What To Pack

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
US
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Topic
Sorry...Boring ? What To Pack

Hey there baja lovers - new to board. Need help on what not to pack (especially for my hubby). What is the dress code for the Riu Palace dinner buffets (we're not waiting in line for ala cartes)? I looked but can't seem to find any info. 1 month & counting!! Teqila, pool & beach in that order, can't wait!

By the way...you guys are awesome!!!!!!!!! Thanx a mill!

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,096 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sorry...Boring ? What To Pack

The old rule of thumb-"half the clothes, and twice the money".

I am not certain about the dress codes at the Rui, but just about everyplace is casual. A nice shirt and slacks is "dressed". I always take a light wrap, as if it is breezy it can feel a little cool. Days-shorts and bathing suit! A pareo is handy, as it can double as a wrap! I am sure you will get some definite answers for the Riu! Have a grand time. You will be in Cabo about the same time as we will :-)

US
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sorry...Boring ? What To Pack

thanx KatD!!

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sorry...Boring ? What To Pack

TwoSun,

Im confident KatD meant to specify a PURPLE bathing suit! Have a wonderful trip! ......... jim

US
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sorry...Boring ? What To Pack

YachtMerchant:

How bout a purple speedo!!! LOL Laughter makes for good medicine and a merry soul. Ahh...like I said, tequila, pool & beach. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!

Buffalo,NY,USA
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sorry...Boring ? What To Pack

Dinner buffet was very casual for guys...shorts, no collar were ok, while others wore pants (practical for the cool night air) and aloha-wear.

Level Contributor
57 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sorry...Boring ? What To Pack

Immodium A-D, extra sunscreen, lots of $10 & $5 & $1 bills, a pen on the plane to fill out your paperwork, and a spare $20 to give to the guy at your front desk as he will be assigning you your room.

New Orleans
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sorry...Boring ? What To Pack

Great advice from "likesadvice". I'm going to print that to put with my things. The paperwork on the plane is for...??

Olympia, WA
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sorry...Boring ? What To Pack

julyvisit, the paper work on the plane is for Mexican immigration and customs. They will tell you about it on the flight. You will receive a "tourist card" that you need to keep track of during the trip. Technically you are supposed to have it with you at all times although I have never been asked for it. You do need it to get out of the country though. You have to purchase a new card if lost.

New Orleans
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sorry...Boring ? What To Pack

Okay, I do remember reading about that. Thanks.

US
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sorry...Boring ? What To Pack

likesadvice:

Thanx for your post! Did you go on a charter or did you book alone? My hubby and I have always booked on-line with a charter, in the past our rooms were already assigned us when we arrived at the hotel, we never had to go through the front desk but were met by the charter rep at the hotel who gave us our packages including keys etc. Tequila, pool & Beach in that order...CAN'T WAIT!!!!