We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adventure in Cabo Area?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Adventure in Cabo Area?

We are trying to plan a mini adventure trip to the Cabo area in late June 2005 and I have the following tenative plan - any advice that anyone could offer on any part of our itinerary or any of the locales would be much appreciated--

Day one -- Fly in and get rental car - drive to La Paz - stay 2 nights at Hacienda del Cortez (formerly Hotel la Posada) while here would like to do a fishing charter one day.

Day three Drive from La Paz to Todos Santos (spend 1-2 nights at Alegria the Inn Spa or Hotel California).

Would also like to stop in Santiago at some point to visit natural hot springs. Does anyone have info about this to share?

Day Four or Five drive from Todos Santos to Cabos (spend 3 - 4 nights at All Inclusive Resport - either Riu or Dreams). Having trouble deciding between two as we don't want to be somewhere that is hopelessly large where we just feel like a number and are leaning towards Dreams.

Also we are thinking of horesback riding on the beach, hiking and doing either a sunset cruise or day cruise. Anyone have any other advice on must-do activities or tour operators?

Any advice will be much appreciated as my travel agent is about as exaspertaed with me as they come :)

Thanks Michelle

connecticut
Level Contributor
48 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adventure in Cabo Area?

I'm looking for info about the hot springs and the waterfalls also. Just where is this oasis place/ also , I have heard many comments about not driving at night.......is it unsafe along the corrider or just on the dirt roads?

connecticut
Level Contributor
48 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adventure in Cabo Area?

I'm looking for info about the hot springs and the waterfalls also. Just where is this oasis place/ also , I have heard many comments about not driving at night.......is it unsafe along the corrider or just on the dirt roads?

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Adventure in Cabo Area?

We did a tour with the Baja Wild group up to a waterfall and oasis which was past Santiago about 45 minutes (can't really recall exactly). It was beautiful to swim there on a hot day. Check them out at www.bajawild.com.

LA, CA
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Adventure in Cabo Area?

Hi!

My recomendation is for your stay in Todos Santos. I loved Alegria . They have only 7 rooms but they are wonderfully decorated. The staff is very nice and they include breakfast with the cost of the room. They have A VERY NICE POOL. Marimar gives incredible massages. It is on an extensive property with a manmade coy pond and lot's of trees and palms and they are only 3 minutes from the beach. Great sunsets.

The hotel California is great to visit go for lunch and do some shopping. I didn't like the rooms as much and it is in the middle of town.

As for waterfalls you might want to check out www.mexonline.com/bcs/tsact011.htm ask for Sergio, he is great! He can also arrange for a horseback ride on the beach and many other adventures.

Santiago is on the other side of the Baja and if you drive from La Paz to Todos Santos you will not hit it. You will have to drive from La Paz to Sanjose del cabo on the gulf side to get to Santiago and miss todos Santos.

Have a great trip! Enjoy it.

California
Level Contributor
2,827 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Adventure in Cabo Area?

I would not reccoment horesback rides on the beach in Cabo. The horses are old and walk and when it is time to come back, they know it and will stop at nothing to get home quick. Not very fun.....do it somewhere else. What about fishing in Cabo?? La Paz is nice, but not as good as Cabo in my opinion.

Cabo_nut