We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

School Starts in Cabo. Drive Carefully !

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
17,363 posts
175 reviews
Save Topic
School Starts in Cabo. Drive Carefully !

The Gringo Gazette reports that school starts this week.

Watch Out For Kids Zipping Around!

School is starting this week and because of over crowding you will see kids in uniform traveling in herds, even after dark. People are having people and people are moving here faster than the infrastructure can grow. Therefore, many schools are using a split shift and the afternoon shift gets out of school after dark. They congregate around bus stops because many of them take the city bus up to the barrios behind town.

Kids are kids, they're excited to be out of school, and they're running in packs, not paying any attention to where they're walking, so maybe you can pay extra attention to where you're driving?

3 replies to this topic
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,195 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: School Starts in Cabo. Drive Carefully !

Oh gosh. I would never have known that. Thanks for posting this!!!!! That's my greatest fear of driving in Mexico is hitting a pedestrian. People don't look there and just walk out in the road

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Level Contributor
95 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: School Starts in Cabo. Drive Carefully !

I always found the kids good at crossing. It's rare to see any vehicle stop for them. Hmmmm now I see why so many tope's. lol

Cabo San Lucas...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,846 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: School Starts in Cabo. Drive Carefully !

Thankfully, most of the schools are far from where most on this forum would drive. However, there are a few schools off the highway and if you are on the service road (side road) expect delays twice per day as the cars back up.

Reply to: School Starts in Cabo. Drive Carefully !
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted