We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental car

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
st louis
3 posts
Save Topic
Rental car

How much does a rental car cost for a week

19 replies to this topic
1. Re: Rental car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:33 pm, January 23, 2018

Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental car

We rent a minivan from Cactus, at the airport. They quoted me $480 for 6 days, that includes all required insurance and taxes.

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
17,382 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental car

A small compact or economy car can be rented with insurance from about $200 to $350 a week.

Supply and demand will affect pricing. Get Quotes and book ahead.

Only rent from Mexrentacar.com, Cactus, Alamo, Dominicloscabos.com or bbbrentacar.com

All the other companies at the airport are not to be trusted. (Bait and switch pricing).

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental car

Somehow I'm getting a fullsize car from Mexrentacar for 11 days in Feb/Mar for $121.50 that includes 3rd party liability insurance. Seems too good to be true, but so many recommend Mex & Luis, so I have my fingers crossed.

orlando, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental car

I am going to Cabo in a couple week for my 50th bday and Labor day.

I was thinking of renting a car.

I went on Priceline and found this:

$20.34 TOTAL for 7 days from MexC rent a car (supplied by Rentalcars.com) at the airport ($2 per day rental fee plus the taxes and insurance come to $20???). Am I missing something??

Package Pricing Includes:

Primary Liability Insurance (PLI) protects the driver against third-party claims for bodily injury or property damage as the result of an accident. In the event of injury or damage, this would be the first policy to be called upon.

Airport Charge

Local Taxes

Unlimited kilometres

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
4,559 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rental car

Richard M -- Your find is NOT one of the recommended rental companies in Cabo. Have you heard of "Bait and Switch"

You can find the Recommended car Rental Companies in the following thread. Click the link.

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g152515…

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
69,198 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rental car

I think it sounds like Richard M has found MexRentACar which is the company Ace (recommended) is becoming. They looked like the same place when I rented from them in April, but I think it's just Mex now and no longer Ace.

Richard ~ required TPL is usually $15 - $20 US a day

Corte Madera...
Level Contributor
85 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rental car

Antonio at Cactus quoted me a "TripAdvisor price" of $270 (total with liability insurance) for a Jetta for 7 days in November.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
275 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rental car

Driving my mexrentacar.com mid-size right now for $260 for 10 days. All insurance= 0 deductible. Could have saved $12/day without full coverage, just Mexican liability, but full coverage is totally worry free. Luis Cesena is the real deal. Go to Mexrentacar.com and use promo code MEXTRIP.

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
4,559 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rental car

PacificNWF:- Actually I think Richard M has found (Rentalcars.com) as indicated in his post. click the link.

www.rentalcars.com/us/airport/mx/sjd/…

Reply to: Rental car
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted