We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Cabo.

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
First time to Cabo.

Hello. First visit to Cabo for me and my husband. We are late 40 so looking for something relaxing and not too noisy. Any suggestions of what part of Cabo is worth visiting and looking for opinions of Sunwing vacations.

Thanks in advance.

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
17,403 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Cabo.

One of the resorts on Solmar Beach in Cabo will be quieter. The Grand Solmar, Solmar, Sandos Finisterra, will suit your needs. They are all walkable to town.

The Corridor Resorts on the highway between Cabo and San Jose could be a good option.

The Chileno Bay resort is a beautiful quieter location on a nice beach, but a bit expensive.

Look into the Hilton Resort, The adults only Marquis is excellent,The JW Marriott and Secrets resort might be to your liking.`

Level Contributor
27 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Cabo.

Solmar, grand solmar, plya grande are all very quite. Between the 3 resorts you have a pretty good selection as far as price, style and amenities. The beach is the pacific so you can't swim at the solmar properties ( rip tides ).

You can walk to the marina in about 10-15 minutes from either of them.

-Grand solmar is 1st class high end

-Solmar is older but clean and small maybe 70-80 rooms.

- plya grande is a massive property spread over the hill side.

Places in the corador are quite but it's a taxi or bus ride into Cabo if you want to go to town

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,752 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Cabo.

I love both the Solmar Beach Club and Playa Grande! GS is 'too rich for my blood' though it is a beautiful property. There are also TerraSol condos and Sandos Finisterra on Solmar Beach. All good choices, and a short walk to the marina and town. A less expensive way to stay is to rent from an owner-which can save you a lot! SBC has started doing more AI, so the clients may be a little bit on the younger, louder side-depending on the time of year, but it is a great little resort w/a super staff! While PG is much larger, it is also a good property, with a good staff, and plenty of pool areas.

also check www.trapperscabolist.com for excellent suggestions (with maps) of the great places in town to eat. I have walked from Solmar Beach to Medano in about 35 mins., but you can take a water taxi or cab to experience that area for a day. It is easy to do a walk-about most of Cabo, and fun to wander, nosh and shop. Enjoy!

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
4,567 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Cabo.

Sunwing is fine if you do not want to book your accomodations and Air Separately. You can also use or check out West Jet Vacations as they also fly to SJD the Los Cabos airport,

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
37,784 posts
626 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to Cabo.

Are you doing All Inclusive or no?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time to Cabo.

Thank you for such a quick and informative response. Cheers

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time to Cabo.

Probably all inclusive.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
37,784 posts
626 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time to Cabo.

Try Breathless.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,212 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First time to Cabo.

Please keep in mind a lot of beaches are unswimmable. Especially the Pacific side.

I am 47 and hubby is 50. We think we are young...lol. We like staying on Medano Beach because we like a swimmable beach, walking distance to Mango Deck and The Office, great beach bars and marina is right there as well. We have stayed at both Pueblo Bonitos (Rose and Blanco) and Casa Dorado.

So many resorts to choose from it just depends if you plan to leave a lot, want swimmable beach or are you pool people and how close to restaurants and bars you want to be. We rent a car and are always on the go.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
119 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First time to Cabo.

I would rent a car, stay in the corridor and experience both Cabo and San Jose.... totally different towns and experiences... explore a bit and see what area you like best... lots of people like the quieter San Jose...

Check out Baja Point... use to be Grand Regina.. very upscale, 32 unit 2 and 3 bedroom timeshare... every unit is on the beach and because it is only 32 units, it is very quiet... service levels are fantastic... and you are right in the middle of the corridor so it is easy to go to either town.