We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to visit in town?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
277 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Places to visit in town?

My boyfriend and I will be going to Cabo the last week of September and will be staying at Breathless. It looks like it's close to town. I tried to look up places to check out but I only see Cabo Wabo as being close by and was wondering if there are other places nearby that we should visit. I just looked at Google Maps so I'm not really sure what's worth going to or not. We're planning a couple things but a walk into town would be great, if I had places I knew not to miss.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

19 replies to this topic
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,865 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to visit in town?

A walk into town?? You are right in the middle of town...just walk the sidewalk around the entire marina...all all kinds of places around there. More than you can eat at in a month!!!

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
17,400 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to visit in town?

The Breathless resort is on Medano Beach and the Marina. The nice marina is fun to walk around lots of shops restaurants, bars and activities centered there. The older part of town is just north of the Marina and there is plenty to see.

Most of the nightlife is in town and easily walked to from breathless. Hundreds of restaurants to enjoy in town also. Look at the restaurants and reviews on the top of this page. Also the "Things To Do". Maps and info to all these places is there too.

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
4,567 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to visit in town?

Here is a Map that should help you more . Where you are staying is under the ( + ) sign in the middle of the map. You can make the map bigger and move it around to see many different places where you can walk to.

wikimapia.org/…bs

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,865 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to visit in town?

Thanks Fsmdude...I knew you would come on the forum and offer up one of your good links to maps! Always so helpful.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
277 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to visit in town?

Oh, thanks everyone! I didn't realize it was all so close. It looked further on the map I was looking at. Thanks for your help.

Puyallup, Washington
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,508 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to visit in town?

Your resort is right in town and you can walk from one end of town to the other in less than 30 minutes.

So just get out and explore. Head down the side streets for shops and restaurants off the main roads.

Cabo is very walkable and you will be right in the middle of it all- have fun!

Manhattan, Kansas
Level Contributor
48 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Places to visit in town?

Four things for the top of the list:

1) Water taxi ride to El Arco - you are 10 steps to a water taxi from Breathless

2) Hike Mt Solmar - walk from Breathless all the way around the Marina to the gated shanty with dogs in the yard. Enter there, take water and wear running shoes or hikers (just no sandals or flipflops, as it is a challenging ascent/descent)

3) Eat a meal at Mariscos Las Palmita. Local, VERY cheap, amazing dishes and close to where you are staying

4) Get a couples massage at a tent on the beach. Be very careful negotiating price and enjoy... they are awesome

5) Not on the list, but drink a few beers in the afternoon at Mango Deck. Just pay as you go and do NOT run a tab

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
277 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Places to visit in town?

Wow, thanks Flatlander! Mango Deck looks really cool, I'll definitely have to check that out. Great suggestions :)

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
942 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Places to visit in town?

Rooftop Baja Brewing between 4-6 beers are discounted. Only real beer in town. One of the best views in Cabo.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
5,432 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Places to visit in town?

Since you're going to be in Cabo in September, just remember some places will be closed for the month.

Reply to: Places to visit in town?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted