We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One and Only, Pedregal or Chileno Bay Resort with 2 kids?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Los Gatos...
12 posts
One and Only, Pedregal or Chileno Bay Resort with 2 kids?

My husband and I are going to Cabo with our two daughters (ages 8 and 9) the first part of January for 5 nights. We have only been there as a couple before and are looking for advice on which property to choose when traveling with our kids. We'd like luxury, nice pool that kids can enjoy and proximity to activities so they don't get bored in the pool for 5 days. I've been reading reviews for days and still can't decide! There aren't many reviewers that mention being there with kids our ages Pedregal gets fantastic reviews and has the unique setting and proximity to town but no swimmable beach (and is it really kid friendly?). One and Only looks amazing but is a bit pricier and we've stayed on the corridor as a couple when we only wanted to relax - concerned there might not be enough to do at palmilla? But it has the swimmable beach. Chileno Bay Resort looks intriguing as it is brand new and has the swimmable beach and lots of positive reviews. But again - not sure how it compares to the more established One & Only and Pedregal. We want luxury but a place where our well behaved daughters will be welcomed, and a combo of beautiful pool/ocean views and access to other activities. If you've been to any or all of these resorts and could compare, please help!

San Ramon, CA
Level Contributor
34 posts
45 reviews
1. Re: One and Only, Pedregal or Chileno Bay Resort with 2 kids?

IMHO I think you either have to go with kid friendly or luxury. When my kids were that age they LOVED Villa del Palmar's kids club! VDP isn't luxury, but it is luxurious when your kids are well taken care of, happy and you and your husband can go out for a nice day in town or a nice dinner. Maybe Villa Estancia has access to the VDP kids club? Anybody know of other kid-friendly hotels? Having been in Pedregal, you really are in private villas with no neighbors nearby, and the roads are really steep so kids can't just walk next door. I'm thinking it wouldn't be ideal unless your kids would rather not meet other kids. Good luck!

St James, New York
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
18,580 posts
176 reviews
2. Re: One and Only, Pedregal or Chileno Bay Resort with 2 kids?

I think Chileno Bay Resort would be your best bet. Its not close to town but the Beach there is terrific. The fact that they have SUP and Kayaks at the resort is Huge.

Even tho Pedregal is close to town, Its still a Taxi to get thru the Tunnel to town and to walk the beach to the Marina and town is just too far with your little ones.

I think you will be delighted with chileno Bay resort.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
73 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: One and Only, Pedregal or Chileno Bay Resort with 2 kids?

We are there now with 2 kids. Having the beach swimmable with kayaks, snorkel gear, paddleboards and fun beach activities is a huge plus. Kids clubs are great for kids, and they might have something like that here, however not a ton of kids here now (think 4 fsmiles with kids). Having a kitchen with kids is also a plus (villlas with jacuzzi). My kids feel well taken care of here by the abundant staff. We all needed some R&R and together time and this place covered those needs. If u call to make a reservation just ask to be put through to the concierge and they will answer all your questions. This is what helped convinced us to try this new beautiful resort. My friend who has a 7 yo,10 and 13 - loves the one and only. The only reason I did not go there is i could not understand there room arrangements for a family of four and could not get through to the hotel. If i would have had more time I might have gone there to solve the kid issue and my personal need for modern luxury, cleanliness and pampering (chilano covers these needs too!)

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
443 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: One and Only, Pedregal or Chileno Bay Resort with 2 kids?

VRBO Hacienda Beach Club and Residences.

Look at TA reviews for this resort as well. Very family friendly, on swimmable Medano beach, great activities.

Los Gatos...
12 posts
5. Re: One and Only, Pedregal or Chileno Bay Resort with 2 kids?

Thank you for your feedback! Just to clarify, are you at the Chileno Bay Resort? I'm wondering what room type you booked for your family of 4? When I called today, I was told that there is a max of 3 persons for any of the regular guestrooms and I would need to book two adjoining rooms...they quoted me a price of 29k for 5 nights! The Resort sounds like it would meet our needs very well - I'm hoping this reservation agent was just misinformed or mistaken?

Edited: 4:11 am, August 15, 2017
Los Gatos...
12 posts
6. Re: One and Only, Pedregal or Chileno Bay Resort with 2 kids?

The Hacienda Beach club looks like a great option but I find no availability for our dates (Jan 2-7). :(

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
73 posts
13 reviews
7. Re: One and Only, Pedregal or Chileno Bay Resort with 2 kids?

Looks like you are traveling durng the most expensive week perhaps during the entire year. We booked a 3 br villa last minute and for 5 nites we paid much much less. We are in low season. Kinda dissapointing how crazy expensive these resorts have become, i guess for the extremely rich crowd. Hard to spend your kids year or 1/2 year college tuition on a week vaca not including meals! bummer for us, may be oue 'one and only' time here.

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
443 posts
11 reviews
8. Re: One and Only, Pedregal or Chileno Bay Resort with 2 kids?

Kelly, did you look at VRBO for The Hacienda Beach Club and Residences? We stay in a wonderful 2 bedroom and I believe the owner of our unit showed availability in January. You can check out the resort website as well.

Los Gatos...
12 posts
9. Re: One and Only, Pedregal or Chileno Bay Resort with 2 kids?

I did look at vrbo and the hacienda beach club website and found nothing for our dates. If possible, could you link me to your vrbo unit? Perhaps I overlooked something!

St James, New York
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
18,580 posts
176 reviews
10. Re: One and Only, Pedregal or Chileno Bay Resort with 2 kids?

The Villa Estancia condo resort on Medano beach also is a super resort. Not at the level of the Resort at Pedregal, or the one and only , But Very nice and its on Medano Beach.

Rented thru VRBO.com and Redweek.com for very good prices.