We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip in Progress: "Area 51" Scores!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Topic
Trip in Progress: "Area 51" Scores!

Buenas noches a todos,

Lobster omlettes and huevos rancheros(o.k. a shot of tequila too!) at the Crazy Lobster this A.M. Today it was my turn at the helm as "Area 51" headed out of Cabo. Today was oh so warm with the wind at 8 knots out of the north and the midday temps. in the mid 80s. Bills in the bait at 8:30 but no takers. Finally we hooked up and after an hour we boated and released a nice Striped Marlin, about 170lbs(30 lb testline). Trolled for another hour and took 2 Tunas, one a football and one much better. The football went to Cevieche, and the fat boy to Tuna steaks. Trolled a bit more for another bill with no takes and then headed inshore. A Dorado showed himself and after taking him we cut the engines, broke out the grill and did up the Dorado and a couple of Tuna steaks. Got Wasabi? yep! we took part of the small tuna and with a little wasabi and pickled ginger had a feast of Dorado, Shashimi and Tuna steaks, and cevieche with a light salad. Beers and Martinis of course(o.k. lots of beers and martinis!). This was a day of leisure on the water and while we could have gone back to blue water we decided to put her back in the slip and drink some more beers, and martinis. Fishing is good, water looks better everyday. Party at the house tonight and then a little more business in the a.m. before the journey back to the beach(V.A. Beach). Thanks to all for all of the good wishes and to those of you who are headed to Cabo, Usted tiene suerte verdadermente,goza! Enjoy!..... jim

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Trip in Progress: "Area 51" Scores!

Redneck,

I didnt forget you dude! I am old and boderline schitzed ! forgive me from not reccognizing your support in my previous post. I always look forward to your ramblings! LOL...... jim

st paul, mn
Level Contributor
3,754 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Trip in Progress: "Area 51" Scores!

you know doggone well are thoughts are definitly with you wishing we all could be there. oh well thats what dreams are so as i melt in this warming weather i may not be around much more. maybe should head north. enjoy what we didn't and salute