We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don't plan on parking in the garage at Puerto Paraiso Mall

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Springfield...
Level Contributor
5,468 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Don't plan on parking in the garage at Puerto Paraiso Mall

The parking garage caught fire sometime during the night or early morning ours today. There were many cars destroyed by the fire. I've heard 30 cars destroyed, but then I also read 150 destroyed.

Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
17,615 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Don't plan on parking in the garage at Puerto Paraiso Mall

Lets hope the Huge Garage is still strong enough to continue holding all that weight.

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
2,352 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Don't plan on parking in the garage at Puerto Paraiso Mall

Wow. We parked there last night. Crazy crowded. Did not even hear any sirens last night

Springfield...
Level Contributor
5,468 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Don't plan on parking in the garage at Puerto Paraiso Mall

I read that there were all kinds of explosions, apparently when the cars were blowing up. The pictures I've seen are really bad. Can't imagine the integrity of the structure is all that great with cars blowing up all over the place.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,825 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Don't plan on parking in the garage at Puerto Paraiso Mall

The info I've seen said 70 cars destroyed, but none of the shops. I am sure more info will continue to pop up here and on FB

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Don't plan on parking in the garage at Puerto Paraiso Mall

I am interested in purchasing a condo right across from the mall, can you let me know where to find more pictures pls! thanks, Does anyone have any links for more info ( it's not easy to find :)

Level Contributor
50 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Don't plan on parking in the garage at Puerto Paraiso Mall

This is horrible news! I hope there were no injuries. This is where the Harley dealer parks their bikes. Does anyone know if the motorcycles were damaged?

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
116 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Don't plan on parking in the garage at Puerto Paraiso Mall

https:/…

bcsnoticias.mx/pgje-iniciara-investigaciones…

Good that nobody was hurt.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
5,468 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Don't plan on parking in the garage at Puerto Paraiso Mall

Thank you for the link BajaAsh. The pictures are pretty devastating for the cars destroyed.

There were no injuries reported, which is good news. I haven't seen anything reported about the Harley's. They may have been parked at the other end of the garage, or on the floor that wasn't effected. I've read a couple people that found their cars to be okay as they were parked at the opposite end.

Lots of rumors going around as to the reason of the fire, but from the link provided, doesn't sound like they have any solid proof of the cause.

The mall itself was not harmed, just the attached parking structure.

Wisconsin,Michigan...
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Don't plan on parking in the garage at Puerto Paraiso Mall

Wow what a mess this made. Thankfully no one was injures in this. I have hope that the Fire Department personnel have the proper equipment to combat this type of fire. Just imagine the toxins that these vehicles put out. The cleanup will be massive. Just removing the vehicles will be an undertaking.

Cabo Strong comes to mind.

Cabo San Lucas...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
2,852 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Don't plan on parking in the garage at Puerto Paraiso Mall

The fire department is supported by donations (I am not trying to get ya'll to donate just pointing out a fact).

They recently received oxygen tanks donated from two Fire Departments so they can breathe when fighting a horrible fire like this one, from Paso Robles and also South King.