We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone have menu pricing for restaurants at Grand Solmar?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
16 helpful votes
Anyone have menu pricing for restaurants at Grand Solmar?

Looking specifically for the more casual fare. The Deli, sports bar, poolside dining menus would be great. Would like to see what the prices are like, expecting high but need to know beforehand.

Thank you

McAllen, Texas
1 post
1. Re: Anyone have menu pricing for restaurants at Grand Solmar?

I have never stayed at grand solmar but I can tell you at the Playa grande "Same company" breakfast for two at the buffet cost $50 bucks fajita nachos at the pool $13 beers around $5 dinner for two at the theme dinner buffets they have cost between $90-$110 for two people which includes open bar the food is pretty good but all the liqueur comes in plastic bottles and the beer is never cold... the 2 theme dinners I have tried the beer is cool to the touch i personally believe they ice them down last minute to keep people drinking the cheap liqueur. The grand solmar is a big step up form the playa grand in terms of luxury so I imagine the prices are even higher.

Incline Village...
Level Contributor
42 posts
13 reviews
12 helpful votes
2. Re: Anyone have menu pricing for restaurants at Grand Solmar?

You are right next door to Terrasol condominiums. Private ownership not timeshare or hotel. They have a wonderful palapa cafe and small bar. Open daily from 8:00 am to 6:00p.m. You can order typical Mexican fare or a nice sandwich and a childs menu is available, Margaritas and pina coladas $3.50 and on the generous side. Try the beef fajitas and the pancakes for breakfast are great. Generous portions and nothing over $10.00. Enjoy

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
26,026 posts
70 reviews
23 helpful votes
3. Re: Anyone have menu pricing for restaurants at Grand Solmar?

I agree with going to TerraSol! Their breakfasts are wonderful, as is the service! Haven't had anything else there, but it's a winner! I don't know if GS is a lot more expensive than PG or not, but you can also check SBC. Same basic food I'm guessing, at least for most things, and probably less expensive than GS for things like lunch.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
8,421 posts
39 reviews
79 helpful votes
4. Re: Anyone have menu pricing for restaurants at Grand Solmar?

Yup, I also agree with Terrasol. We've been going over there from Playa Grande for many years, and we go there from Grand Solmar now, too.

5. Re: Anyone have menu pricing for restaurants at Grand Solmar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, April 14, 2018