We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your top 5 Restaurants ?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Myrtle Beach,SC
7 posts
Save Topic
Your top 5 Restaurants ?

what are your top 5 restaurants in Cabo also list yours in San Jose....we are going to be there for a week in Jan. would like 3 "high-end" and a couple less expensive.....many many thanks !!!!

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,837 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Your top 5 Restaurants ?

First choice! Take a drive to Todos Santos-it's a lovely drive, and go to the Cafe Santa Fe for lunch! They are closed Tues., but it is definitely first class, fantastic food! It is a charming setting, the service is great! I can't say enough about it! It is must do! I also like Mi Casa in Cabo. El Faro Viejo has a good reputation-not cheap, but huge portions. The Sat. Fiesta and Buffet at Solmar has always been good as well. There are so many choices, but I hope this helps. Have a grand holiday in my favorite vacation place! I am counting the days until I can head out again in early Dec.

Oregon
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Your top 5 Restaurants ?

Villa Del Pal Mar for breakfast buffet.

Steak place with piano bar, very very expensive but great steaks at the place next door due South in between Rose and Pal Mar.

Myrtle Beach,SC
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Your top 5 Restaurants ?

awesome.... I have heard the restaurant The Palmilla is nice too

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Your top 5 Restaurants ?

"The Office" is excellent! And inexpensive!

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
16 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Your top 5 Restaurants ?

I am currently staying in Cabo (or in between Cabo and San Jose) at the Palmilla. Arrived Dec. 1 and here until the 12th. We ate at Damiana Restaurant since we read about it being in Bon Appetite and how wonderful it was. The restaurant is just on the far north east side of the plaza in San Jose. We enjoyed the ambience and the garden that the tables were located in, but unfortunately the food really didn't do it for us. We are somewhat spoiled and my hubby is a fabulous professional chef. Being that I am vegetarian is always a problem in places like this too, but the food was average at best. Service was excellent. After we ate we walked around and saw many more interesting similar styled places to eat on the side streets. One that we will try is Tequila Restaurante 1/2 a block from Damaina.

Our first night we were recommended to a brand new spot that is hard to find call Restaurante El Matador. It is located just west of the highway in San Jose. I think the street is Col El Chamizal? the number is 52-624-14-22741. A converted house with great patio and 2 levels inside, fabulous food and really nice bathrooms for Mexico......always important to me for some reason. Also I felt it was reasonable - 4 of us for dinner, lots of wine, after dinner drinks with desert was $100 US. Pablo the owner is wonderful. Give it a go. We plan on going to Havanna's before we leave, we have heard it's very good with a jazz band.

Ate today at Zippers, great casual beach location, good Mexican food. Billigan's Island (on the beach in Cabo)is really a hoot for entertainment/people watching and cheap sweet margarita's. Edith's in Cabo is nice, but likely over rated. Some smaller more quaint restaurants are on my preferred list.

This is my 2nd time here this year. I was here earlier in May with just the girls. Didn't see much but the bars. I'm looking forward to more exploring with my hubby. While with the girls we went to Squid Row more times that I like to admit. Great on entertainment/shock factor, but not for the faint of heart - or in my opinion, for couples either - except for maybe a quick laugh.

We will be heading to Todos Santos for a day trip and will definitely check out the Santa Fe caf�� that is so popular with this forum.

Also will be one night in La Paz and would appreciate any suggestions for that town for both accommodation and food. We prefer smaller boutique type of hotels to the big monsters that are very prevalent down here.

beverly hills
Level Contributor
218 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Your top 5 Restaurants ?

hey vancouver realtor..look forward to your feedback on todos santos...will be in cabo the 10th ..what about your thoughts on dining in cabo center?..maybe hear from you before the 10th,,thanks

sfo, ca
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Your top 5 Restaurants ?

Hacienda del Cuervo, downtown Cabo San Lucas--great ambiance, mariachis, and the best moles--4 or 5 different kinds, like pumpkin seed. I would say mid price range. They have an excellent chipotle Ceasar Salad--ask for light chipotle for the best flavor.

Fajita 'something'--it just opened-- it is on the entrance of town on the way in from the airport, left side. Excellent service, free appetizer, and they have a unique dish, I think 'molcate' or something like that. There is a delicious sauce served in a sizzling stone bowl (stays bubbling for your whole meal!), and they serve it with grilled steak or chicken sticking out of the sauce. It is great. Also their banana leaf wrapped fish.

La Dolche--Italian and inexpensive. Where the local buisness owners go to eat. Home made pasta and great sauces, authentic italian pizza in brick oven.

Stop light--no ambiance at all, but the best blackened tuna or dorado salad. The prices are very reasonable for what you get, portions are big.

The Office --on the beach. The food is excellent, a surprise for what could have just been a 'tourist trap' type place. They can get away with bad food and still be packed every night. They make balloon figurines for kids, some bigger than your child, like spiderman on a bicycle--and this is for free!

Don't forget --

Gordo Lele's for the best steak tacos you can get anywhere--and the least expensive!!! They are overstuffed, with grilled steak and onions, and avacado. It is a hole in the wall, and doesn't look very appetizing--but he gets the freshest meat. If you go there once, you really will go there every day of your trip. He has a cult following of taco lovers.

Mariscos Mazatlan--great seafood, large portions, a little over half the price you will pay at a fancy restaurant. Get a combo for 2 and split it with 3.

beverly hills
Level Contributor
218 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Your top 5 Restaurants ?

thanks p44444...im getting hungry!

Chicago, IL
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Your top 5 Restaurants ?

1) Pittayas at the Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar---Cabo's only 5 star restaurant--food and presentation are fantastic.

2) Peacock's --Dining under the Stars---great food and ambiance

3) Cafe Dorian--down the strip from Margaritaville--great flambe dishes--awesome, casual b ut fun atmosphere

Cathy

Myrtle Beach,SC
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Your top 5 Restaurants ?

thx superbecky....we will check it out