We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Globequest Travel Club

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Kansas City...
1 post
Save Topic
Globequest Travel Club

Has this company cheated anyone else?

28 replies to this topic
Vancouver
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
4,428 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Globequest Travel Club

Terry, if you type globalquest in the search bar above the forum it will bring up all the posts about global quest. Here's one:

https:/…71027960

Here's another one:

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g152515…

Edited: 12:36 pm, February 12, 2017
Level Contributor
183 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Globequest Travel Club

Purchased a timeshare from Globequest travel club, perfectly legitimate. Did you have buyers remorse?

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
4,557 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Globequest Travel Club

Laurel N ....

What timeshare did you purchase and where?

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
5,805 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Globequest Travel Club

Really me too as I have heard nothing but grief.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
8,380 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Globequest Travel Club

If you read Laurel N's past posts, you'll see that she purchased @ Casa Dorada. I think it's great that she hasn't had any problems with Globequest. She's definitely the exception to the rule when it comes to Globequest. If the OP is unable to get out of their contract, perhaps Laurel N. can help the OP with tips on the best way to deal with Globequest and get the most out of it.

Mentioned in this post
Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa
Casa Dorada Los Cabos...
2,174 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Globequest Travel Club

I have read a lot of reviews on GQ. I purchased a timeshare with them, and the first year I did fairly well as far as profits go. You just have to be pretty intuative and computer savy to know what week to book, and how to sell your page on airbnb, vrbo, etc. etc. This year I didn't do as well, but I think i should be able to get my money back and then some, it will just take time..

Denver, Colorado
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Globequest Travel Club

I've just purchased a 4 week a year travel club membership with Globequest. I'm excited to travel! However, there will be years where I want to sell my units. How do I get savy with vrbo and learn how to sell my international weeks? Do I need to reserve them first, then put them up for sale? Thank you for any advice on how to find helpful resources on this.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
392 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Globequest Travel Club

Bump

San Jose, California
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Globequest Travel Club

Yes, from our experience last week, Globequest is a highly unethical and unprofessional organization - at least the people we met at Casa Dorada in Cabo San Lucas. I would suggest that you run from the offers they are providing. As an example, they claimed this would be a 90 minute session and then essentially would not let us leave 2.5 hours into their "presentation". By the time, we could walk out with our incentives, we ended up spending over 4 hours- trying to leave multiple times! They simply didn't care about our time at all. A complete waste of 4 hours! The program is not financially attractive. They are essentially offering you discounted travel (hotel/villas) - about 25% based on the data they showed us. A smart shopper can find and negotiate very similar deals with out tying up over $100,000 into their program.

Mentioned in this post
Casa Dorada Los Cabos...
2,174 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Level Contributor
183 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Globequest Travel Club

As mentioned before, we purchased at Casa Dorada with Globequest. We traded in a re-sell timeshare that we purchased to get a 2 bedroom unit. We are happy with our purchase, got it financed interest free and use it every year. We pay the same wether we go in March or December, and it forces us to go on vacation! We own a business,so we tend to be workaholics. I think it works also because we love to come to Cabo every year. But Timeshares are not for everybody.

Mentioned in this post
Casa Dorada Los Cabos...
2,174 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Reply to: Globequest Travel Club
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted