We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All Inclusive @ Hotel Finisterra

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Detroit
3 posts
Save Topic
All Inclusive @ Hotel Finisterra

Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Finisterra when it is an all inclusive resort? My travel agent told me that they are offering an all inclusive package in June and I am concerned that this might be the first time they are offering this option. If you have stayed there let me know what you thought of it.

Thanks!

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,566 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All Inclusive @ Hotel Finisterra

Haven't stayed there, but do know they occasionally offer AI. It's a really good place-great location, etc!

CT
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: All Inclusive @ Hotel Finisterra

My wife & I stayed there last Sept & purchased the AI as part of our package. From what I was told they just started it right before we went. You could kind of tell because the waitstaff were allways asking you for your room #. I HIGHLY recomend going AI. Its WELL worth if you like to drink & we thought the food was very good. We ended up buying a timeshare @ PBR & when we return this fall we will spend the day over @ the Finnesterra. Have Fun!

Detroit
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: All Inclusive @ Hotel Finisterra

how did it compare to other all inclusives you have stayed out. Were there a lot of food options?

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
8,080 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All Inclusive @ Hotel Finisterra

A word of caution about the Finnesterra -- they have an OLD section that is worse than any fleabag motel I've ever stayed in so make CERTAIN that you are booked in the newer section where the rooms are really nice. And, AVOID a room that is directly above the open lobby as they play 'muzak' all night and it reverberates through the floors/walls and you won't be able to sleep, and they will refuse to turn it off.

The best food is at the little Palapa grill/bar next to the pool. Prices are reasonable, too. You can get everything from buffalo wings to chicken/chile quesadillas to a greek salad from around $6.00 - $8.00. You can also eat cheap in town... Taco Loco in front of Cabo Wabo serves huge plates for around $4.00 - $6.00. Unless you plan to do a LOT of drinking AND drinks are included in the "All Inclusive" package, you may be overpaying for food/drinks AND you'll be stuck eating every meal at the Finnesterra. So, keep that in mind when you decide whether or not you want an all-inclusive package.

dmwalker