We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing in Cabo

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
san francisco
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Fishing in Cabo

I really want to go fishing in CAbo, but my girlfriend isn't really big on going out for an all day fishing trip. Someone told me about the ponga boats where you can go out for 3-5 hours and fish for all kinds of stuff. I don't really care for the big game fishing where you have to wait your turn, is this the best way to get my fishing fix? Any idea?

Thanks

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,754 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing in Cabo

Yachtmaster and Trapper will have your answers! I will suggest looking at www.cabomagic.com or www.cuyuyosportfishing.com and let those in the know give you better answers!

california
Level Contributor
399 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing in Cabo

cbrent:

KatD is correct...Yachtmerchant likes Redrum and the Panga boats. As per his previous posts, the website is:

www.redrumcabo.com

Check out some of the previous fishing posts for more detailed information.

Ron

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing in Cabo

I have fished many times on a panga boat. My wife does not fish and my son is only 7. I usually fish 6 a.m. to 11 or 12. The best place to fish out of is La Playita. I have used La Playa Sportfishing with good luck you can call Tomas at 011-52-624-14-80469 U.S.A. or local at 044-624-14-80469. Gordo Bank Panga is another operator out of La Playita with a good reputation go to www.gordobanks.com for lots of good info. There are many pangas in the Cabo area also and fishing can be good there but La Playita area is more consistant. Boats run about $150 - $190 for the day plus $20 for bait and 15 - 20% tip.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing in Cabo

CBrent, Yachtmaster, one of the better informants in here normally suggests Redrum for a charter boat. If you decide to go with a panga, he likes a fellow named Eric Bricston who runs Gordo Banks Pangas. I have have booked a charter with Redrum for June and Heather (one of the owneres) has been very helpful. You can really tell that she understands how special her service is to her costumers. Par

Virginia
Level Contributor
7,267 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Fishing in Cabo

Do the Panga with gordo banks. You cant miss! Saludos... jim