We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 julyvisit & KatD's knowledgeable and balanced posts.

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
US
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
4 julyvisit & KatD's knowledgeable and balanced posts.

hey julyvisit:

Go to the top of the page, click on hotels. Left hand column click on Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas. There you will find opinions of people who have stayed at this property. Out of 126 trip posts, only a small handful reported anything negative. Remember, many of these posts were sent in to trip advisor only shorttly after the Riu's opening. Any new resort goes through opening growing pains. I counted the trip reports and over 95% found this resort fantastic. We have been to 8 Riu properties and had a wonderful time at each. The buildings are architectually stunning, the grounds are manicured to perfection and the staff is friendly and couteous. We have stayed in many places in Mexico and the Caribbean other than the Riu chain. We have come to the conclusion, if it's an AI you are looking for, where the buffets are varied and scrumptious, the ala-cartes for the most part are nice (we rarely go to them because of the quality buffets), wonderful pools and entertainment, then you can't miss at the Riu. Some people like KatD have said in the past you will never be able to please everyone, she went on to say that attitude makes all the difference when enjoying a vacation. We will be there April 18 - 25, 21 more sleeps and can't wait. So enjoy your stay, seek out knowledgeable and balanced perspectives from those who are on this forum, KatD among others. Keep current regarding the posts and trip reports regarding the Riu Palace, I'm sure you will find you've made a wise choice. Hope this helps. It is my opinion only, but an opinion from one whose has spent time at the Riu's.

every good wish

Cabo Dreamer

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
953 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 julyvisit & KatD's knowledgeable and balanced posts.

Cabo Dreamer:

Excellent post! No one could have said it better. You can't help but have a wonderful time at the Riu. Happy trip in April!

Goldie

kingston ontario
Level Contributor
247 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 julyvisit & KatD's knowledgeable and balanced posts.

J.V. When you visit the Riu reviews on trip advisor ,beside the picture of the resort is an option called "view candid user's

photos"check those out.Put your mind at ease, sit back and count the day's.If a picture tells a thousand words then 60

should play like song.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,833 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 julyvisit & KatD's knowledgeable and balanced posts.

thank you Cabo Dreamer. I think the Riu is beautiful and a good choice. Now, if I just wasn't so lazy when we go to Cabo, I would go and take a close up and personal look........

New Orleans
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 julyvisit & KatD's knowledgeable and balanced posts.

I was all set to book my trip today. Made airline reservations, and then went to the Riu website and...the rates went up $400.00 for six days! Ouch. I've got plenty of time.