We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in San Ignacio and Loreto

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Pacific Grove...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels in San Ignacio and Loreto

Hi. In about a week I'll be flying to Loreto, and taking the bus to San Ignacio. Anyone recommend hotels in San Ignacio and Loreto? How about the best when to get Mexican cash when flying in to Loreto from the US? Thanks!

6 replies to this topic
Kootenays
Level Contributor
392 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in San Ignacio and Loreto

I'm doing that trip in March. I've booked at Casa Leree for one night and then with Ecoturismo Kuyima - both based on Trip Advisor reviews.

I hope you come back with info on the bus trip and the rest of your trip when you get home. There doesn't seem to be much info out there.

Pacific Grove...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in San Ignacio and Loreto

I'm going to be spending a few days with Kuyima also, but unfortunately Casa Leree is full when I will be there. Hopefully I'll find something good soon and the bus ride is easy. Yes, I'll let you know!

surrey
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in San Ignacio and Loreto

Would love to hear your experience of Kuyima and also bus journey to San Ignacio. Am doing similar journey in April and also debating whether to go with Kuyima or Ecotours? Your insights would be much appreciated

Sara

Pacific Grove...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels in San Ignacio and Loreto

I had a great time in Baja about a month ago. Because Casa Leree was full I ended up staying at Hotel Cabanas in San Ignacio, which is owned by Digo Fischer as is Motel Posada and he also does whale watching, based out of San Ignacio town, not the lagoon. Hotel Cabanas is just a few basic simple but large and comfortable cabins, and Armando who works there is super nice. He ended up showing me around town and drove me to the bus station when I left, just out of kindness. A really important thing to be aware of when booking accomodations in San Ignancio, which I had no idea of until I got there: Many of the accomadations are outside of town, including many here on Trip advisor. Which is fine if you are driving, but if not would be a really probably and make you totally dependent on taxis, just to get a bite to eat, etc. Dessert Inn, Ignacio Springs, Oasis San Ignancio are all at least a kilometer outside of town. Cabanas San Ignancio, Motel Posada, and Casa Laree are all really central to town, and the only ones I know of which are central to town.

san francisco
Level Contributor
165 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels in San Ignacio and Loreto

thank you for the info on the hotel locations. we always like to stay in town.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
60 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels in San Ignacio and Loreto

Does anyone know how to book the desert inn? I sent an email 4weeks ago but I received no answer.

Thanks

Reply to: Hotels in San Ignacio and Loreto
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted