We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car parking

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Guaymas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Durango, Colorado
3 posts
Save Topic
car parking

We are driving to Tucson and taking a Tufesa bus into Sonora for a week. Is there anywhere secure to leave my car at the Tufesa Bus Station? Any ideas?

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
15,405 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car parking

The TUFESA bus station in Tucson is just an office in a strip mall at 5550 S 12th Ave. I would not consider that a secure place to leave a car. One solution might be to park the car in an airport parking lot and taking a taxi to the TUFESA office. Or find a friend where you can park your car at their house.

Durango, Colorado
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: car parking

Thanx Bob,

The folks at Tufesa said they have 24 hour security. We left our car there and returned 9 days later to no problems. The bus trip was a huge success and I would recommend as a means of fast, cheep travel through Sonora. I drove the same route six months ago and the bus was 4 hours faster and about 100 bucks cheeper.

Durango, Colorado
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: car parking

Thanx Bob,

The folks at Tufesa said they have 24 hour security. We left our car there and returned 9 days later to no problems. The bus trip was a huge success and I would recommend as a means of fast, cheep travel through Sonora. I drove the same route six months ago and the bus was 4 hours faster and about 100 bucks cheeper.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
15,405 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car parking

I agree. People who have ridden "Greyhound" in the US, or have avoided them because of what they have heard, would be amazed at the difference compared to Mexican bus lines. Sort of like a Yugo versus a Range Rover. Even second class buses I have ridden in Mexico were nicer than Greyhound.

Chandler AZ
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: car parking

I made this trip several times from Tucson to Mazatlan. I never parked the car at the mall where the Tufesa bus is at. Did you just park in the front part of the mall near the Tufesa office when you went to mexico. Any tips or advise since we are going to Mazatlan in November? Thanks

Romeo

6. Re: car parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, September 16, 2014