We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any decent hotels in San Carlos??

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Phoenix
1 post
Save Topic
Any decent hotels in San Carlos??

From reading the reviews here, there is not one hotel in San Carlos I dare to stay in. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Indiana
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Any decent hotels in San Carlos??

As I read the reviews of the San Carlos Plaza Hotel, it seems there must be some confusion as to the name. The first person mentions the Plaza Los Glorias which is a different hotel. The web site states that it is 5 star. The official name is San Carlos Plaza Resort and Convention Center. We are staying there for our first time trip to San Carlos in late January. I will definately post a review once we return.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
71 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any decent hotels in San Carlos??

I just stayed in the San Carlos plaza. It has a nice beach, pool and bar - didn't try the restaurants as there is too much food to try in San Carlos proper.

San Carlos plaza is probably the best hotel in the area, the rooms are clean and decent. Don't expect internet access.

Indiana
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Any decent hotels in San Carlos??

Just returned from our stay at the San Carlos Plaza Resort. The Resort is great, however the rooms definitely need an update. Maybe some of them have been updated, however our 2 rooms (we were travelling with another couple) both needed the carpeting ripped out. They were clean, however and I never saw a single bug as some posts other posts have mentioned. The hotel has all the amenities of most USA resorts. The pool and grounds are beautiful and top notch by anyone's standards. There were at least 3 dining choices which were all good in my view, however, dining is a very subjective subject. They have a gym, tennis courts and a salon. It is situated on the best beach in San Carlos with a stretch of white sand and dunes with no other properties on one side all the way down to the old Club Med. If they could upgrade the rooms, I would recommend it in a minute.

Kodiak Island...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Any decent hotels in San Carlos??

Hello Sunvac,

I see you posted a blog last Dec regarding hotels in San Carlos, we are planning a trip there in late March 2006 and wondering what you thought of the place. Did you have a recomendation? Did you to there? I like the Paradiso Resort and definately want someplace with a kitchenette and refrigerator. Not all hotels offer that.

Can you offer a recomendation?

Thanks

Ron

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,660 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any decent hotels in San Carlos??

I go there often and always stay at the MarinaTerra hotel. Its right in the marina and very nice. Walking or bus into town so its pretty convenient

Get answers to your questions about San Carlos