We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Carlos area activities?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
San Carlos area activities?

My extended family is heading to San Carlos for the New Year's week and I'm having trouble finding things to do in the area. Kids are 11 - 13. Any recommendations?

Tucson, AZ
5 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: San Carlos area activities?

Just wondering how your visit to San Carlos went with your extended family. We are taking some college students (under 21) down there in March. Still working on booking accomodations- any insights would be helpful- thanks.

Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: San Carlos area activities?

I am so sorry I hadn't replied; I set the email aside to gather info and buried it with other things. Have you already traveled? If so, I hope it was great!

Tucson, AZ
5 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: San Carlos area activities?

Yes- We just went last week. It was great- perfect weather and no concerns with driving safety at all. We rented some ATVs, spent time on the beaches, took a sunset boat ride and very much enjoyed the home we rented and it's beautiful pool overlooking the bay. It was a very fun trip and we will be back.

14. Re: San Carlos area activities?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:05 am, July 16, 2009
15. Re: San Carlos area activities?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 pm, December 19, 2009
Florence Arizona
4 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: San Carlos area activities?

Yes there is such a canyon and as far as I know you can still take a tour in the back of a pickup fitted with bench seats in the back( I have not been back sense The hurricane so it may not be accessible as the water out of the canyon runs right into San carlos and is subject to flood) you can inquire at the Premire Vacation Club about the tour I think the man who runs it is Dave he is a American living there he is very versed in the plants and thingsand stops at a few place to explain what they are also he furnished chip and salsa and we stoped for a short time to snack--be advised it is a very rough trip I mean ROUGH have a nice time mikesimsflorenceaz

Florence Arizona
4 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: San Carlos area activities?

This is a second post I think I lost the first one yes there is such a canyon go to the Premire Vacation Club and ask--- a word of caution the ride is ROUGH in the back of a pickup fitted with bench seats

18. Re: San Carlos area activities?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 30, 2010
Get answers to your questions about San Carlos