We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about Casa Verde and location

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Boston
3 posts
Question about Casa Verde and location

Hello,

Has anyone stayed at Casa Verde located in Ojo de Agua, behind Juarez Park. How is that area and the walk to the jardin, por example?

Thanks so much!

toronto
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: Question about Casa Verde and location

Hi..we stayed on Ojo de Aqua last year for 3 weeks...do you know the address? If it's at the "bottom" of Ojo de Aqua, it should be fine. We were close to the top of the hill and it was brutal. We loved our accommodations but because of the steep hill, we wouldn't go back there. It was quite a hike into town as well. But it was the hill that finished us off! Once we left in the morning, it was too much of a hassle to head back home for mid day and then come back "down" the hill.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
45 reviews
2. Re: Question about Casa Verde and location

It's described as "3 blocks" from Hot. Sierra Nevada en el Parque and next to a bus route.

That's pretty far SSW as nearly as I can tell. All the local bus routes were published in Atencion maybe 2 months ago, but their web site (www.atencionsanmiguel.org) is "defaulting" today. I know there is bus service on Calle Cinco de Mayo (SW of Ojo de Agua into Col. Allende) if you have a map.

I would get the street address before committing.

M

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
194 posts
3. Re: Question about Casa Verde and location

I would not even consider staying at ojo de agua if you don t have or rent a car. Calling taxis by phone is a pain, they are always late and charge pretty much more than if you grab them in the street. It depends on the zone of ojo de agua. There are many callejones and there is no noise but if you ever consider walking, you are going to spend your whole day and miss other places, like centro for example. My humble opinion.

Snow

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
45 reviews
4. Re: Question about Casa Verde and location

The bus routes are back up on the atencion site (28 July).

Many would not live in my house 'cuz of the climb.

Keeps us physiologically in our 40's, lol.

M

Boston
3 posts
5. Re: Question about Casa Verde and location

Thank you all for your comments. we'renot going to book there because my knees, i just found out, need replacing and there is a big hill to get to it. (this I found out from the rental agent--the ad copy on the web site said something quite different!!).

We'll be in SMA Feb10-17, a very busy time. If any of you know of a house for rent ($1300- !500 a week)

with 3 or 4 bedrooms, I'd appreciate a line.

Thanks again.

Trip Advisor is so great!

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
4,923 posts
45 reviews
6. Re: Question about Casa Verde and location

As mentioned, I think I and many others have posted lots recently.

Use the search function for rentals; real estate rentals; rental agents,etc.

www.vrbo.com has very many as well.

M

7. Re: Question about Casa Verde and location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, August 27, 2009
Get answers to your questions about San Miguel de Allende